Sign in to follow this  
joel_400

26x12x12 tires

joel_400

I'm starting to work on building my new puller for a winter project. I was wondeing what has to be modified to fit 26x12x12 tires on a wheel horse.... Should I just eliminate the running boards or can they be modified to look stock with out too much hassle? Any input would be apprecited. By the way this tractor is going to be a hienz 57 as I plan on building it out of the junk pile! haha Might not even paint it....just leave it rusty and name it "Tetenus Shot!?" haha

joel

chris11

whos the maker of the tires your using? some Ags are shorter then others.

jhunsch

Hi joel

I have 26x12x12 on my B60, they just so fit past the fender.

I cant go past 6psi.

Tires get a bit taller with pressure. What like about 26" they put just a bit more rubber on the ground. Larger surface area, I really could tell they pull better.

I have a post in pullers section (B60 Big Tires).

I got-em online E-bay the are from Deestone $156 for the pair.

Jeff

joel_400

I already have the tires. They are Carlisle Super Lugs that I got for $75 for the tires and wheels. The rims looked to be D-series as they were 6 lug. The guy I bought them from had already started torching the centers out, but gave me 5 bolt centers to weld in. I already have the welding part of the wheels done, just waiting to get em back from the sandblaster. When I was fitting them up on my C101 they did hit the running board but not the fender. I just wasn't sure if the older running boards and fender were a bit different in design allowing me to put em on without sheet metal mods.

JOel

chris11

You will have to lift the rear fender 1 inch and everything will clear. if you where running **** cepecks they are taller.

baerpath

Closest offset is a 5x7 too clear without using spacers (5 to the inside just clears the trns pulley and leaves enough room to take the belt off without pulling the tire off. Make em fit in as close as possible so you can steer with yer butt :)