Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

These decks are heavy

T-Mo

It was pretty nice this evening so I take the C-125 out of the shed. Then the 314-8 so I can get to the 42 SD deck against the wall. As I was moving the deck out, I tripped over something (probably my two feet) and the deck headed towards my new JD X320. As I tried to stop it's progress (I was successful in stopping) I trip over and the deck pulled my arm almost out of it's socket. Ouch that hurt. With one good arm now I put the deck on, and put everything back into the shed. Now my wife is mad at me because I hurt my right arm and I can't lift it up. Bottom line, those decks are heavy. :thumbs:

kpinnc

I hope your arm is OK Terry!

I pulled my mower deck out tonight too. Just about fell over for the same reason, but mine fell against my shins instead. No injuries like your's, but a few choice words took flight for sure!

They are definately heavy. I can't imagine a 60 incher from a 520.

Kevin

Rollerman

Terry I hope the arm heals fast & I hope I don't have similiar problems in my garage mixing breeds! :thumbs:

Curmudgeon

I went back to the 42" rear discharge because of it's LIGHTNESS!! Try manhandling a 76", 5 blade deck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope your arm gets better soon, I have some horror stories of my own about not being able to lift my arm.

DMESS

This is one of the nice things about the 37" side shooter on my 310-8. I think it weights about 50 lbs. I chuck that sucker around like a toy!

T-Mo

Well, after a restless night, my arm is no better. Using the mouse is almost impossible and now

I'm typing with one hand. May have to go to the doctor if it doesn't improve. Oh well, at least it was a good excuse to stay home. But there isn't much I can do with one arm. Sure glad it wasn't the 48" deck off my 314. :thumbs:

Rod(NASNUT)

:thumbs: treed I hope you feel better soon.

kpinnc

Well, after a restless night, my arm is no better.

I hope it gets better soon Terry.

Kevin

nylyon

As I was moving the deck out, I tripped over something (probably my two feet) and the deck headed towards my new JD X320.

Terry..... the Horses are trying to tell you something.... you need to listen to them....

Seriously, those decks are heavy, I hope you're just sore but going to get it looked at may be a good idea. You don't want to mess around with things like this. Get better!

kj4kicks

T MO, Hope you have a speedy recovery !

BTW, all you can do alone with a 60" deck is slide it !

Stigian

Hope your arm gets better soon Terry :thumbs:

These WH cutting decks are bloody heavy, i dragged the 42" deck from my 312-8 out of its winter storage today, just glad i have a sack barrow to shift it around on :thumbs:

Greg B.

Go away for a day, or so and look what happens... Get well soon, Terry.

Greg B.

Sparky

That sucks man. Hope yer arm is better soon. I use a handtruck to move mine around but like you I gotta get em out in the open before I can load em on the handtruck. Even the 36" rear discharge decks are heavy to grapple with.

Mike.............

T-Mo

Well, X-rays were normal, but the ER doc thinks it might be the rotator cuff. I have an appointment Thursday with the orthopedic to check it out. I got a couple of shots of painkillers and couple of prescriptions, one for a pain killer and one for an anti-inflammatory. This really bites as the weather is really starting to turn nice and now this. I do think it's a little better now, though.

wse100

I know what you mean about the 42" decks being heavy. I just got done restoring one, WOW!!! I can't believe how heavy & Well built it was. The deck is easily older than I am, but it is massive!

I hope you feel better man.

MaineDad

Terry,

Hope all is well. Get better soon so you can play outside.

bambooheels

lovehow a doctor can just say rotor cuff. im sorry to hear about your pain. just remember keep lots of ice on that puppy and dontsleep on it!! im no doctor but ive torn both my rotators. dont use it and relax the herd will bewaiting for you when you feel better. maybe the wife can ride one!!! :thumbs:

T-Mo

lovehow a doctor can just say rotor cuff. im sorry to hear about your pain. just remember keep lots of ice on that puppy and dontsleep on it!! im no doctor but ive torn both my rotators. dont use it and relax the herd will bewaiting for you when you feel better. maybe the wife can ride one!!! :thumbs:

Yeah, I don't think it is a rotator cuff, or at least, I hope it isn't. I guess I'll know for sure

Thursday.

Rollerman

Terry I guess I didn't understand how serious of an injury it was for you?

I hope it's something much more minor than a torn rotator cup.....although even a bruise is still just as painfull...probably faster healing.

I know we have several "Horse Doctors" in the house...but don't know about any reall Doctors?

But I'm sure they'd tell you to take it easy.

Hope you get to feeling better fast T MO.

T-Mo

Stephen,

I didn't think it was that serious either until Monday night when it was impossible to sleep with it. Basically I can not lift my arm, especially out away from my body. Too painful. Hopefully it's not a torn rotator cuff and it's just a muscle strain.

DMESS

I feel for you. I completely tore the ACL in my right knee on the 2nd of April. Hopefully you will be fortunate like myself and bounce back quickly. My down time was very minimal given the injury. I think it hurt in the wallet the most!

Best of luck with a quick recovery.

nylyon

T-Mo, how's the arm today? Hope you're on the road to recovery, or at least the Dr. gives ya some good stuff :thumbs:

T-Mo

Tomorrow I go to the orthopedic to find out what's wrong with the arm. I'm hoping it's just a muscle strain and not a torn rotator cuff. It's a little better today, but that could be due to the pain killers. :thumbs:

Curmudgeon

MAN!! I hope your's isn't like mine. I didn't "do" hardly anything, but it frayed a tendon. Which caused a little bit of inflammation, which pushed the tendon up against some bone spurs on the inside of the rotator cuff.

From there it was self feeding. Going straight out, I could move my arm maybe 4", then the frayed, inflamed tendon, touched the bone spur, and that was all she wrote. Lay down and cry, it wasn't going any farther!

25 weeks, one surgery, and two months of physical therapy later, it worked great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, about that left one starting to show the same symptoms. I know darn well there are bone spurs developing in there limiting how I can raise that arm.

I blew it. Didn't live hard, die young, leave a good looking corpse, and avoid these advantages of old age. LOL

T-Mo

Dale,

That sure doesn't make me feel any better. I hope your left arm can be spared from that agony.

As for an update, I went to the orthopedic. He is also thinking torn rotator cuff, but he wants me to have a MRI, which I will tomorrow evening. It is a little better today, which means still can not lift it, nor do I have any strength in it, but at least I can sit without the constant pain I was in. Everyone pray that the MRI comes back with a good report. :thumbs: