Sign in to follow this  
ricky115

876 ignition switch

ricky115

Just picked up a 1966 876 automatic, with a broken ignition switch...Does anyone have , or can you tell me where i can get one ? its supposed to be a #4988 that has been discontinued..its a 3 post, with a heavy screw type wire attachment. the cables (not just a wire like the newer ones) connect to the switch..its all new to me, :) can it be replaced?..thanks rick

ricky115

:) terry i will call this guy in fla this morning..hope he still has one..will let ya know..thanks rick

Kelly

I can tell you he don't have any, but you can try, I bought the last ones he had :)

ricky115

thanks kelly you were right..you would'nt have one hanging around would ya..or a lead on where i could get one?,,its like a needle in a haystack...thanks ric

qd-16

I believe your switch is still available from it's original manufacturer

"Cole-Hersee".

ricky115

al..your almost right...cole-hersee will sell only to dealers..but i did contact them and they set me up with dealer here in mass , who actually had one left on the shelf..need i say more..its on the way.hopefully i get this horse up and running..as soon as i figure this photo bucket out i'll post some pics...thanks guys for all your help..till next time...rick