Sign in to follow this  
massey

Restoring my C160

jimbotelho

very nice job i have the same machine and restored it too.they are great workers im fitting mine up for the snowy winter snow cab and all i predict we will get a lot of snowin the northeast great looking job your doing :thumbs:

AMC RULES

You do really nice work there Massey, :thumbs: when can you start on mine buddy? :) LOL

massey

Here's the almost finished product, just a few small things to do.

004-1.jpg

003-3.jpg

002-2.jpg

I've been working on adapting this blower to this tractor. I think I have the belts figured out, still need to figure out the lift and spring assist.

005-1.jpg

Forest Road

Great job! Definately over the top! Let us know if you want more to restore.

What brand and size of tires did you go with?

HorseFixer

Thats Sweet Massey! Nice restore... :thumbs: Yep Love those single lung BIG BLOCKS! :wh: That would look good next to my C-120, it needs a big brother! :)

buckeye

Looks great!!! :thumbs: If I were you, I would be very proud of that machine. Well done :)

Duff

Very, very nice! :thumbs:

Duff :)

Olratlr

You should be very proud of the work you have done. Very Nice. :ychain:

C-160 Tractor

Wow awesome C-160! I wish mine was as good looking as yours and I wish I had a hydro like you. :D:ychain:

it is a thing of beauty

Raider

I replaced two hoses on my C-160 with the same parts you used purchased from the same place. They went together nicely and are working well. If only my tractor looked as good...

rickv1957

Nice tractor,great work!! :ychain: Rick

MikesRJ

Do you have a "Before" picture? Great work so far. :ychain:

wheel horse 312

veary nice wheel horse i would like to get any old one like that some day but dont have the money reght now :ychain::D:hide::D :D

massey

Thanks for the compliments, the only before pic I have is this one. It is the one in the middle.

020-1.jpg

mflowers

Been doing some painting and assembly. Sandblasted everything to bare metal, primed and painted individually with PPG Omni. Zinc plated some hardware and new hardware every else. Still lots to go, so many small parts on these things. Hope you like it.

007.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

What did you use to zinc plate your hardware? Wonderful Job!! I have a C-160 that is completly torn down and ready for paint and reassembly, I am inspired by your great job.

massey

Thanks, that was a lot of work (more than I expected anyway). I used the kit that Eastwood sells. It gives a dull finish like that spray dull aluminum paint I don't know where to get anymore.

Next project is going to be tracked and hopefully diesel powered.

Good luck and post pics.

Ed

dmoore

What a great job on that so worthy tractor! I noticed the RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEM banner hanging in your garage...r u a Mopar guy? And where is Marshall Va.?? Look'n forward to more pics! Dave :wh: :thumbs:

massey

Thanks, been a Mopar guy forever. Still have my first car, a '71 cuda, bought it in 1980. I used to have a side business and we produced allot of the posters,banners, memorabilia, etc and we used to go to Indy, Columbus, Carlisle, and Englishtown. Lots of good times and met lots of good people. Been thinking of stopping in at the Carlisle show this July, haven't been there since about 2008.

Marshall is in northern Va, and you've got a fine looking tractor yourself. I'm sure you've noticed there must be about a million and 6 little parts on these things.

earlleecliffton

Good job, It looks beastly