Sign in to follow this  
neil

How many uk members are there

neil

Hi

I would like to know how many members that are with redsquare that are from uk

i have been a member here for almost a year and i look in every day but dont seem to see too many postings from uk.

show us your pics

let yourself be known

:)

Neil from Somerset

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)

post-3-1283876494.jpg

Duff

Neil, there's actually quite a respectable showing from your side of the pond. I hope the rest of the guys chime in soon!

~Duff :)

EDIT: Speaking of our brethren in the UK, has anyone heard any news from Ian (Stigian) lately? Haven't seen him post for quite a while...... :USA:

neil

this is the first restoration of one of my tractors

Its not quite what it seems

it used to be a commando 8 which i bought last year and was a bit scruffy

And as we dont get to many round hoods over here i desided to make my own

so i bought a few parts from that auction site and this is what i created

I just have to put the engine in now but i am waiting for a few parts to come up before i can finish it

i also have a

1972 GT14

1961 suburban which i had shipped over from america

1963 653 round hood also shipped from usa

c81

2xc121

c105

b115

a commando 7 which is my next project to convert to round hood

Attached Image

post-3-1283877140.jpg

neil

this is my commando 8 before its make over

which is pictured above

Attached Image

post-3-1283877328.jpg

kpthorsefan

Hello. I joined in november 21 2008 :):USA: :wh:

Lowflyer

Hi Neil, yes I am another Wheelhorse owner in Dorset.

I am restoring a C141 and have now got her running.

She will never look as sweet as many I have seen on this site, but was bought to be used, mainly to haul a trailer for collecting logs and also for a bit of grass cutting.

Have just fitted some checker plate to the foot wells and have the wheels to do soon, but it was good to give her a ride round the yard recently and hope to finish the engine cover soon as well.

Was annoyed on last running her to see the solonoid had sheared on its bracket. Will have to fabricate a better method for securing it to the engine casing.

Also finding I have engine oil seeping from the base of the dipstick tube, so will have to put some ptfe tape round it or something.

Anyway as many have found this wonderful machine is addictive.

Cheers.

Roly. Dorset U.K. C141 (work in progress)

stevasaurus

Hey Duff, I was just talking to someone about not seeing Ian post for a while...last word from him, he was building a shed. :) Miss his posts. :USA:

dcrage

Duff -- With regards to Stig...

I saw a new YouTube video of his recently (posted 4 weeks ago) -- Do a search for StigVids -- It shows him and his buddy riding on office chairs getting towed by his 312-8 -- He also added a note that says he is having to move for a second time this year

stevasaurus

Yep...that would be Ian. :)

phil.s

Hi everyone,

I'm a C-121 owner 1979 vintage with 36" rear discharge deck. I use it during the summer to mow about an acre in Cornwall.

Where do you get your spare parts from? I'd guess from US based parts dealers over the internet. I think I'm going to need a deck pulley!

landsurveyor

Hi folks,

Im Simon from Dorset, I have a growing collection, but no time to do it justice - sadly. The list of what I have is below, or on my website, plus lots of bits in my shed.

Great to get a count of UK members, there are quite a few of us I think.

Collecting horses is just as addictive this side of the water, as it is in the USA.

As well as the list below, I also have a Westwood T1600 (needs to be sold, so I can buy another horse......I also have an Ariens S-14H, which I am collecting at the weekend, maybe to keep, as it is road registered (could be fun!!), or maybe for parts to finish a Wheelhorse puller I have just started.............if I get time.

Anyone know if there is any Wheelhorse / garden tractor pulling going on over here, would be great to get involved or start something!!

Simon

:)

Ader

Hi guys,

Just got what I believe to be a1972 commando 800.

Adrian from Dorset :)

Arm

Another UK member in Cheshire.

Very tidy 518H and a running Raider 10 thats due some restoration.

fordsonmajortom

Hi UK members I'm Michael and live in East Sussex. I have five running Wheel Horse's. One in bits being repainted and two non runners. There are other Wheel Horse owners in this country who use the VHGMC forum which covers all types of garden machinery, have a look.

Michael :)

meadowfield

and there is me, in sunny yorkshire. Wheelhorses seem to be coming a family thing!

my brother has just bought a 71 raider 10, that complements the C-101 and Norlett A-90/Commando 8 hybrid we have.

mark

T-Mo

Duff -- With regards to Stig...

I saw a new YouTube video of his recently (posted 4 weeks ago) -- Do a search for StigVids -- It shows him and his buddy riding on office chairs getting towed by his 312-8 -- He also added a note that says he is having to move for a second time this year

Sorry guys, for going off-topic a bit here, but.....

Dave,

Imperial, Missouri, huh? I'm near Bonne Terre. Speaking of Mueller Motors, I guess you seen their RJ in the window of the shop. I live in Desoto for about 14-15 years from the mid 80s to about 1999. I had several car inspections done at Mueller. When I get up there from time to time, I like to see what's in their yard.

neil

perhaps redsquare would give us our own little UK collectors section

then we could possibly swap , sell or buy parts or even tractors

kpthorsefan

Hi UK members I'm Michael and live in East Sussex. I have five running Wheel Horse's. One in bits being repainted and two non runners. There are other Wheel Horse owners in this country who use the VHGMC forum which covers all types of garden machinery, have a look.

Michael :)

Hi michael, i have only just seen your post, and i have joined the VHGMC a few days ago.. looks to be a very good club. all the best kevin..