Sign in to follow this  
DMESS

C-195 PRODUCTION

DMESS

So, I got my introduction out of the way and now it's time to start sharing info.

I know there are some fellow Super C junkies on here so I'm gonna give you access to some exclusive info. It's been asked, speculated upon etc, etc. So here you are!

1982/3, 01-19KE01

nylyon

Dustin, those are very nice C-195's you have there. I never knew of the production numbers on those, very interesting...

MaineDad

WOW those are some sweet tractors! What are you using them for besides mowing?

T-Mo

Thanks, Dustin, for the info. Those are nice looking "Super C's", especially the second one. Very clean and looks almost pristine. Nice. :thumbs:

DMESS

Thanks guys. Right now the first one is in a few pieces and the other is holding up a Kwik Way FEL. I can't say we really do much of anything useful with em other than act as toys! More of a HAD to have a Super C sorta thing!

refracman

Dustin, a couple of nice tractors ya have there, :thumbs: it seems that although not to many were made there is a lot of them around.

I have a 84 also, got mine from a parks auction with 1700hrs on it, in bad cosmetic shape but the drive train didnt have any issues, even though it was parked in 1991 and hadn't ran till i got it runnin/ restored last june.

And Welcome to Red Sq.

DMESS

Steve, I saw the pictures of your 84'. Very nice! Consider yourself lucky to have the 84' as "by the numbers" it's the tougher one to find. The lift controls are much nicer and the 3pt was standard on the 84'.

I could go into all the little variations in the 01 and 02 spec, but the lift controls are really the only MAJOR difference.

T-Mo

Okay, I might get "looked" upon for asking this, but I have to ask. What's with the year break in production, 1982 - 501 built, 1983 - na na, zero, nothing, and 1984 - 155? :thumbs:

DMESS

Good call, actually 1982-1983 fall under the same spec number. You tell the year of manufacture by the Julean date code stamped under the spec. So yes, the data should show 1982/83 and 1984.

C-Series14

Well, glad to see ya here! I got a 1982, found in NE Indiana, a blast to drive and mow with. Got the itch to put the FEL on it but I use the rear finish mower some...

Attached Image

post-3-1207945541.jpg

Greg B.

Beautiful, Dustin, just beautiful. Gawd, I like those Black Hoods! :thumbs::thumbs:

:D

Greg B.

whlpny

Hi Dustin, I see your keeping everything shiny Red out there! Are we going to see you and Dan at the show this year?

DMESS

Hi Dustin, I see your keeping everything shiny Red out there! Are we going to see you and Dan at the show this year?

Hello Bob, how are things in MI? Hopefully we will make an appearance this year. It's been a busy one as half the stable was recently relocated and things are still "upside down". I missed out last year so I figure I NEED to be there this year!

BPjunk

Well Dustin,

Long time no see ......... what's it been .... oh yeah we saw you last month!

I got your e-mail on the belt number and the cables are still on the 653, let me finish my taxes tomorrow I wil start on your stuff.

Now for the folks who are reading this.... here is some history with Dustin and his father Dan. And some of you do know this story as I told it over the PA system during the parade at the 2006 Wheel Horse Show.

Years ago I would take my Wheel Horses to shows here in Virginia and I would be the only person showing Wheel Horses, I also had a subscription to Antique Power magazine. While reading the classified ads in the back of Antique Power a ad was found written by some one who was looking for Wheel Horse Senior parts, well I did not have what the person was looking for BUT is was some one who was interested in Wheel Horses so I called. The person who I talked to was Dan (Dustins father), we talked about Wheel Horses for over an hour and through our many phone conversations a frienship was built. Dan told me that he knew of another father and son team Don and Jeff Kane who liked Wheel Horses and about a few other collectors in his area. During one phone conversation Dan told me "Bill you need to get a computer because Wheel Horse information is starting to pop up on the internet". Jeff Kane has started a web site as a Unofficial Wheel Horse web site and Eric Van Loock had a Wheel Horse page on web TV. At one of the early "Little Guys Show" it was decided to have a all Wheel Horse Show. At this Little Guys Show is where I also met Ed Mayhew who makes the reproduction decals, I was unloading my six speed Lawn Ranger and this guy kept looking real hard at my Lawn Ranger, studying it from every angle .... so I introduced myself and when he told me his name I told him I had seen his name on the Yesterdays Tractor garden tractor forum. At this time Yahoo has not even started yet and owners all brands of tractors were posting on this one site ..... yeah there was FIGHTS and many of them. Ok Ok now back to the original concept of this thread ..... Wheel Horse owners from all over North America were getting together and the Annual Wheel Horse Show was started .... all because one man put a classified ad in a magazine and another man answered it!

Bill in Richmond, Va.

Nick

It has always been hard to believe that low production number is all the Super Cs they had built. I have owned and sold a couple and just missed a couple others. I also know af at leat two or three others right in this area. Must have been a good number of them sent to Ohio.

Last summer on a real hot humid day I went to a HUGE auction that didnt have a Wheel horse listed but there it was.. a poor condition C-195 plus it had the option add on foot pedal hydro control. It was just to hot to stand around 6 or 8 hours waiting for them to get to it and that must have been what a lot of other people had thought also because I found out later the tractor had sold for $75 :thumbs:

Nick in Ohio

th_c195porchcats.jpg th_loaderpics003.jpg th_loader004.jpg

DMESS

It has always been hard to believe that low production number is all the Super Cs they had built. I have owned and sold a couple and just missed a couple others. I also know af at leat two or three others right in this area. Must have been a good number of them sent to Ohio.

Last summer on a real hot humid day I went to a HUGE auction that didnt have a Wheel horse listed but there it was.. a poor condition C-195 plus it had the option add on foot pedal hydro control. It was just to hot to stand around 6 or 8 hours waiting for them to get to it and that must have been what a lot of other people had thought also because I found out later the tractor had sold for $75 :thumbs:

Nick in Ohio

th_c195porchcats.jpg th_loaderpics003.jpg th_loader004.jpg

That's exactly how I got the first one. 90* plus day on a Thursday at that, PLUS, mostly Amish guys who could care less about an old Wheel Horse! Had to give a whopping $105 for it with a 60" deck under it. It ran but barely. That's why it's in pieces right now. Old man sold the deck for $100. :thumbs:

We gave a few body parts for the other one but it is primo!

DMESS

Perfect Wheel Horse for FEL! (although power steering would be a nice addition)

195kw.jpg

refracman

as the said on SNL SWANG!

520HC

Well here is my Super-C.I never knew the production numbers were that LOW.I do also have a 1982. A few years ago I actually owned 4 but sold them.This one has 3 PT Plus Rear PTO

Attached Image

post-3-1208040442.jpg

Greg B.

Dustin,

That FEL shot rocks. What can one of these handle, weight wise, on the front end?

Greg B.

T-Mo

520HC

If I haven't said it already, I want to :thumbs: . I'm glad to have you here. You have a couple of great looking tractors there.

For the rest of the "Super C" owners, awesome looking machines, guys. Keep the pictures coming. :thumbs:

Nick

Dustin,

Yes the C-195 was a great loader tractor. I did change mine over from the 15s to 26-12-12. The tires were shorter and the rim centers moved over to give the tractor a lower wider stance. I would say if could handle the loader a bit better than the 520H did. Should have kept it but I always want something different. :thumbs:

Greg,

Dustin might know a factory rating from Wheel Horse but I can say from over 2 years of heavy testing the tractor would handle anything that a KW loader can lift. More than a few times while cleaning a ditch bank my brother stood on the back so I could move 3' dia. logs. :thumbs: My guess is the loader would max out around 800 pounds. KW only rated them to transport around 250 I think.

Nick in Ohio

th_c195.jpgth_greenhouse001-1.jpgth_fire003.jpg

charger10us

Nice looking C-195's. I have 2 of them & both are 1982's.. I bought one in Winchester Va. & the othe in Union town Pa.. They are real good tractors (just my 2 cents)!!!! Billy in va.. :D:thumbs::thumbs: :P

DMESS

Well here is my Super-C.I never knew the production numbers were that LOW.I do also have a 1982. A few years ago I actually owned 4 but sold them.This one has 3 PT Plus Rear PTO

The 84' in the pic looks awesome. Original or some resto work? I like the "six hole" weights on there too. I've got one set, but would like to have a few more. The 753/HY3 combo looks great as well. I've got one of those also but still in its "war paint".

Thinking about it I talked to a gentelman at the 2006 WHCC show who told me he had 4 195's at one time. Wasn't you was it? I enjoyed our conversation so if it was you, THANK YOU!

SPEAKING OF "6 HOLE" wheel weight for the 195, would anyone else be interested in a set or sets of these? I might, tiny small might, know someone who could cast these. Any interest?

DMESS

Dustin,

That FEL shot rocks. What can one of these handle, weight wise, on the front end?

Greg B.

No clue! Nick would have a better idea than I do. This one gets babied like a toy! All I know is the steering gets rediculous with a full bucket of snow or dirt. Thats the limiting factor as far as the tractor is concerned. I intend to do the 520 gear reduction conversion on the "rough" 195 to help in this department.