Sign in to follow this  
CasualObserver

DMI clamp on duals

CasualObserver

Has anyone ever seen or have these? I just bought this set. They're made by DMI (Dietrich Manufactiring, Inc.) of Goodfield, IL (where I used to live before moving to Minnesota). You probably know the DMI name from their farm equipment. DMI was bought out by Case/IH quite a while back, and then became part of CNH Global. They still have the plant in Goodfield that makes some equipment but it's being shut down. These are just like the big farm ag clamp on duals. This 12 inch garden tractor size was a limited production from what I can find... there's not many out there. There's a Cub collector who made some reproduction sets a few years back, but these are originals. They're the only original set I've ever seen... just wondered if anyone else here has seen a set, and wanted to share the picture if you've never seen them.

dmi.jpg

T-Mo

Jason,

This is the first I've seen of these. Are these yours?

CasualObserver

Yep, just bought them Tuesday... should have them next week sometime. My brother-in-law is going to pick them up for me, and he's coming to MN next week.

Nick

Jason, The clamp on duals look like they would be easy/fast to install. Ive seen one set before but couldnt tell you where on the net it was, might have been ebay. I was kind of thinking that set had smaller tires. :thumbs:

Im not far from Unverferth in Kalida Ohio. They make the big tractor clamp on duals not sure if they ever made anything smaller.

http://www.unverferth.com/uwhdocr.php

Nick in Ohio

Kelly

Those are cool, look easy to make, but having the orig. is nice

rustbucket

i have a full set of them for my jacobson in 12's and they clamp onto a simple eyelet bolt in the main rims then you use the hooks and bingo dualies. going to make my set dual ags

rustbucket

ill snap a few pics of mine as i just got em stripped and blasted with aluminum oxide to get rid of the rust and also the paint as it was BAD.

rustbucket

these are the clamp on duals all linked to an inner set of rims i had laying around with brandy new ags and paint on em hope ya like.

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)

post-4-1210977137.jpg

rustbucket

and another shot.

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)

post-4-1210977224.jpg

CasualObserver

Very Nice :whistle: Thanks for sharing.

rustbucket

no problem and yes mine are the originals and not recreations found mine under a pricker bush at the same place i got the GT-14 from but these where ment for the guys jacobson super cheif that i also have now ^.^

plowmaster

where did ya get the tires?