Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Dualies

Sparky

So my dual wheel adapters came in and I got started on em tonight. These pics are taken at night so their kinda dark but I will try to get some tomorrow in the daytime with the setup complete.

Mike.....

Dualie002.jpg

Heres another....

Dualie001.jpg

kj4kicks

Hi Mike, Lookin' Good !

I installed mine earlier this week on the 520. Found this little trick that may help:

I ran the bolts through the inner wheel and spacers, then put a washer and nut on all 4 bolts. Then a flat washer on each protruding stud, and installed the outer wheel. Make sure to use the smaller ID washers so they clear the indents in the wheel. That holds the spacer on the inner wheel for you, and makes it alot easier to remove the outers quickly, in case you need to check the air, or if your newly mounted dually system won't fit in the garage. :D

Eldon... with a "press-fit" garage

PS. If you don't want to use a jack (or can't get to it), just drive the tractor's inner wheels up on a 2x4.

T-Mo

Looks nice - I can't wait to see the finished product.

nylyon

Hey, they're nice, which tractor are they going on? Looks like the 'wheeling tractor.

Sparky

Good idea on the mounting of em Eldon...unfortunately I went inside to call it a night but couldnt resist going back out in the dark to finish before I read your post. They were kinda tough to get lined up and bolted on with no help( where were ya Karl?).

Yer right Karl, they are on the wheelin tractor. Although it doesnt see much wheelin since the quad showed, up it is the tractor I use to clear trails in the woods.

I had to take off the cast iron 50# wheel weights but my inside ag's are filled with some type of fluid so I havent lost any weight.

Mike.........

Rollerman

Cool Mike...I like the box on the fender too.

Thought I'd add some pics of my 1055 with dual Firestones.

Stephen in northern IN

IM000837.jpg

IM000757.jpg

nylyon

Oh sure, now everyone has duals, except me!

Karl always playing catch up in NY.....

Sparky

Looks nice. Are those 8.50 tires? Mine are and boy is it wide!! I have about a 3/4" gap between tires. Had to back into the shed real slow so as not to crush anything with the outer tires.

The box is an ammo box from a military surplus store. I keep a couple of tools, a pull strap, and a spark plug in it since this tractor is sometimes deep in the woods. The longest trail I made is 1.1 miles long. About 1/3 of it existed but the rest I blazed and cut and plowed with this tractor.

Mike....relearning how to drive the "big rig"

Sparky

Karl...you know theres gonna be like a dozen pairs of dual adapters at the show this weekend dont-cha?

Mike..........

Sparky

Hey Stephen...I see your rear engine Bolens doesnt make your tractor list when you sign your post...hehe...cute tractor :D !

Mike.....

nylyon

Ya know, you're going to have to get rid of the fluid in the original tires if you have any chance of getting that thing to float... I know that's what this is all about, the Wheel Horse boat! Gonna get dual front tires too? Yeah, I know at the show they're going to have everything that I'm looking for.... ....

T-Mo

Don't feel bad, Karl. You're not the only one without duals......I have a lot of catching up to do in this Wheel Horse thing.

Rollerman

Bolens is long gone...bought it for my son's law mowing venture...which never mowed one yard! :D

It was a front drive rear steer setup like a combine & he would spin circles till his nose would bleed.

Maybe I should post pic of what he did to my white vinyle fence doing said circle!..LOL

My tires are 23X8.50's...I have the "Horse" square cage adapters too, but think mine are made for 10.50's

There is a lot of room to grow between my tires...now that be wide (to wide) 4 10.50's!

Stephen in northern IN

kpinnc

Tickster, that 1055 is just crazy! It looks great!

I have a set of adapters, and my 867 might just get a little more 'tweaking"....

kpinnc

Speaking of duallies......

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd75/noctek/4d782.jpg

This is a 520H from the 2005 show. I've seen some better pics of it, but this was all I could find. not only duallies all around, but the rear ones are 10.50's!

He's got more money in tires than I do in 2 or 3 tractors....

combatmp29r

Ok guys how wide are your dual adapters? I'm wanting to build a set for 23x8.50-12s, and have been told that the wheel horse stock sets wont work. Thanks for any info.

CHARGER9AUTO

Karl, I run 23x8.50-12 AG's on my '65 Wheel Horse 1045 they look Cool with the round rear fenders everyone else has duals except me :P:D Ben.......

Rollerman

Joel I have two sets of the adapters...both Wheel Horse & both for differant size tire widths

The set in the picture I have 23x8.50 ags on my 1055.

I think I could go duel 10.50 treads too.

I also have another shorter set thats for the 6x12 tires.

I'll write a note to measure them tommorrow & add the specs.

combatmp29r

Thanks Stephen. I had a set for 6x12s that i sold a couple years back. I measured them up before I got rid of them, but I didn't really think about the width difference till after the fact.

CasualObserver

Hey Stephen, where'd you get and what's the number of that nice small upright muffler on your 1055 in the one picture?

Rollerman

Jaso the only markings are "Nelson Muffler Corp 6 70"

It came of a later style Raider 10 with a tecumseh engine.

I'd like to have a few more...it has a nice sound!

CasualObserver

Thanks, and I have to say, I like that custom seat cover too!

muka

Hey guys here is a little template so you make your own kevin

Attached Image

post-9-1200005867.gif

combatmp29r

Thanks for posting that Kevin.m I'm sure it will help alot of people. I made up almost an identical sketch from the 6 x 12 set I sold. The dimension I need now is the depth (length of the bolt tubes) to install dual 23x8.50-12s. Obviousely the 6x12 dimension won't work :D