Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

wiring C-121

Kelly

I need a wiring diagram for my C-121 8 speed, It won't crank and when it does it will only run for a min. then quit :thumbs: , then it won't crank agian :thumbs: I've messed with the pto switch, the seat switch is disconected, as is the clutch switch, I'm not getting any power to the the key, at all at times, I checked the amp meter and conections all are good, it was not charging the last time I used it, then it quit not to run agian only for brief moments :D , this is my main tractor I use for everything. I'm about ready to rewire the whole thing with out all the extra crap (switches) but for now I need a wiring diagram Thanks

perry

does that have a saftey switch behind the side belt cover like the c101 has ?.

but it has to be a main power wire. if it starts then dies, must be loosing power to the coil/ignition. but you said that.

just get'er done brotha, not much there it can be. take a break and go back at it.

its something stupid, you know that.

Greg B.

Kelly,

Had similar symptoms on my C-165 :thumbs: Bypass the Ammeter and see if that helps. My gauge had an intermitent open. It made me crazy, for a while.

Wire nuts (po, don't ask) will do that too.

Greg B.

Buzz

You can download an electrical manual from Toro that has a wiring diagram for the 1978-81 C series tractors. Go to this link and put your model number in the first line and "riding mower" for product type. If you don't know your model number put in 91-12K801.

https://lookup3.toro.com/request/request.cfm

Kelly

Found it, broken, almost broken wire in the dash tower, temp fix twisted them together problem solved. Getting cold out so I stoped there, but will put a good spice on it and clean everything, put some dialectic grease on everything and button it back up. Whew now I can take the plow off and put my roller on. I almost hot wired it just to use it, like no one heres done that.

.5racer

Nice job , just gota do the list thing and eliminate one at a time

:thumbs: :thumbs:

perry

I almost hot wired it just to use it, like no one heres done that.

i use my portable jumper box daily :D . seems you can never have enough batterys. but yet my sims dont need a battery to run :thumbs::thumbs:

a test light is your best friend while working with wireing.