Sign in to follow this  
barns1

Mid Mount Grader Blade

barns1

Hi All, I recently picked up a grader blade for my collection. Is the Electro 12 tractor a short or long frame tractor, as the gentleman stated he had it on a Electro 12. The instructions that came with the grader blade shows it to be a MB405, for 1967, 607 - 1277 tractors , but I layed it under my C160 and it looks like everything will line up. It looks like the instructions are copied and I can't find any part numbers on the blade to verify. I'm thinking there may be a problem where it mounts up to the mid point tach, like the width may be different. Your thoughts are appreciated as always.

C-Series14

I believe the Electro was a long. As for the Grader Blade, I did some research and the 7-1111 supercedes to the 7-1113. I think that is a misprint MAYBE on the interchange site because it doesn't show a 7-1113 but does show a 7-1112. The 7-1112 supercedes to the 7-1113 also and in 1973, they show it fitting the 16 Auto which is the same as a C-160. The C-160 uses 7-1114. My Wheel Horse Bible shows a 7-1113 in 1974 but the interchange chart does not...

SO, I say the only hope you got is to see if it fits the mid tach-a-matic! I thought the width was all the same in that area but what do I know, I just know the newer stuff, 1974 and newer...

I would think with all the views, someone will know something more.

barns1

C-Series14 Thanks for the info. I'm like you I have 73 and newer and know them fairly well. I did try it when I got home from work and it fits in the mid tach, but I don't know if the lift link bar that the book calls out for the C160 will work. I'll have to take some measurements and see. I need to try and find the lift link which is part number 104357 if anyone knows of one I'd appreciate it. Gary

C-Series14

I have a straight link that I use with the dozer blade which is 11-1/2" center to center and a bent link that is 9-3/4" pin to pin and it has 3" of bend in it. I use it with my rear mount 50" grader blade.

barns1

I'll have to keep looking I guess. Thanks again.

C-Series14

Pretty easy to make one. Very rare to find one....

barns1

I wish I had the talent to make one and the tools also. Thanks for the sizes. Gary

wheel horse 1045

the electro 12 is a long frame and yes the grader blade will work on the C160