Sign in to follow this  
HankB

Raider 12 ignition switch

HankB

I have a recent acquisition that has most of the wiring disconnected. I guess one of the POs had electrical troubles and just cut wires until the problem went away. :)

There is enough connected to the ignition switch to start the tractor. To stop it, the guy I got it from just cut the throttle back to idle and closed the choke.

I'd like to get this working properly and to start, I'd like to figure out why this was disconnected and then fix it. I think some engines kill by grounding a wire and others by cutting the voltage to the ignition. How can I tell which one I have? This engine has the ignition with the small sort of teardrop shaped coil.

The tractor is a '71 Raider 12 (1-0310) but I have no way of knowing if this is the original engine or ignition switch.

I guess as a secondary matter, I should also be looking for a proper wiring diagram. Anyone know where I can find that?

thanks,

hank

SAM58

I HAVE A BREAK DOWN OF A RAIDER 12 1972, GIVE ME A E-MAIL ADDRESS AND I CAN SCAN IT AND SEND YOU WHAT I HAVE.

:)

HankB

I HAVE A BREAK DOWN OF A RAIDER 12 1972, GIVE ME A E-MAIL ADDRESS AND I CAN SCAN IT AND SEND YOU WHAT I HAVE.

:)

PM sent - thanks!