Sign in to follow this  
hoosier

Plowed today

hoosier

It's not WH but it's moving dirt, you gotta like it.DadsPlowing008.jpg

This thing is a brute.

DadsPlowing005.jpg

Will pull it in high gear if I want to go that fast.

Sparky

Looks like fun! So what brand tractor is it?

Mike..........

hoosier

Mike, it's a Sears GT 16, Repowered with an 18 horse from a neighbors dead Ranch King. It's built pretty good. I got the tractor from a friend with no engine or seat. I bought the rear lift and seat mount on Ebay. Put a new seat on it and painted it Quicksilver. The sheetmetal was all flawless, even the weird different grill mesh parts. That's why I liked it. It has the cast iron tranny common to alot of the old units, whether Case, JD or others. Oh yeah, I 'was' having fun. :thumbs:

Nick

Nice pictures of working the plow. Looks like it does a nice job and thats going to be a big garden. You'll have to get some video next time also. :thumbs:

Nick

T-Mo

Yeah, nice pictures and nice job on the plowing. It looks like you're keeping the rows pretty straight, with a moderate curve. :thumbs: Are you curving your garden to match the tree line? :D

I agree with Nick, we need videos. :thumbs:

Jim_M

You're not that far south of me and you're raising dust, while we still have water standing in spots!

It looks like that ground was just right for plowing, shouldn't have any trouble with it turning hard this summer.

illinilefttackle

Good job Hoosier! Now youv'e gone and done it-I don't know if I can wait much longer til I try out my restored Brinly 10" Plow- I have been waiting til the ground dries out some-but seeing you having fun makes the wait even tougher. AL :thumbs:

hoosier

Thanks guys, It really needed another day as far as moisture, but thought it was gonna rain, and it did. :thumbs: Maybe it will be okay. Yeah, it's not straight. :thumbs: Curves with the tree line, it straightens up on top of the hill. I plowed that section in the fall. Al, once youve done this, you're gonna wanna plow the whole neighborhood. I really enjoy it. When I first set mine up I used one of the farm fields to experiment. The corn was greener and taller in the small block that I plowed as opposed to the rest of the field. Go figure. As for videos, Not. With my slow dial-up just posting pictures can be a real chore. Oh, and Al, once you get it shined up, do whatever is necessary to keep it that way. I lube mine every so often even during the off-season. Jim

hoosier

For what it matters. The line of pine trees is straight. There is an oddball Norweigian elm offset at the bottom so I gradually curved it out away from it. I don't want you guys to think a hoosier could'nt plow a straight line. :thumbs:

illinilefttackle

:thumbs: Hoosier- Being a Hoosier myself-I find the lines get much straighter after a couple Cold Ones!-AL :thumbs:

hoosier

Al, Thank you! Finally, someone with my perspective. Maybe to us it only appears alittle straighter. :thumbs: