Hmm, Scam or?

T-Mo

Check this out:

John Deere CUT - $4200

kpinnc

Looks like someone pulled it...

Kevin

T-Mo

Still there this morning. It's a 2003 JD 5220 with loader, bucket, forks, hydraulic rear angle blade, cab with ac/heat/radio - all for $4200. :thumbs:

Curmudgeon

Flagged for removal now.....

Buzz

It was most likely a scam. :thumbs: Dave, one of the linemen at work, asked me today if I had seen the ad. He emailed the seller and got a reply. The $4200 included shipping fom Texas to NJ. Dave was to send the money to a company called Safepay Solutions (also in Texas) and once they notified the seller, they would ship the tractor. Dave would inspect the tractor when he recieved it and notify Safepay who would then release the money. Yeah, right. Dave Googled Safepay and the word scam came up a lot. It appears to be a legitimate company although he said the BBB has a lot of complaints about it. It's possible someone is posting an official looking email address similar to theirs like they do for ebay and pay-pal and scamming people. Dave backed away from it. Smart move on his part.

T-Mo

Thanks, Buzz, for confirming it was a scam. Myself and other members here knew enough to smell scam, but I wonder how many people fall prey to these scams. :thumbs: