Sign in to follow this  
rusty1

broken axle

rusty1

went to a pull aug 17 2010 in zanesville ohio got a3 place in the 950 class.started the 1050 class when diaster happed i twisted a 1 1/8 axle off at the axle tube.ive been pulling about 15 yars and never broke a axle in a wheel horse trans.ive broke hubs and transmission.but never a axle.dont have pic but working on getting some on here.the tractor i pull is a clone of the 1985 puller that wheel horse built.it has a 25hp v twin kohler on itif any of you folks want to view a video of me pulling it.go to utube and type in rusty proutys wheel horse.thanks all.also this is a very good site i enjoy it a lot.p.s. tractor is fixed and ready for next weekend. keep the red tractors going folks cause the will pull bone stock.with the after market cub cadets.the cub boys dont like to be beat with a belt drive tractor!

Coadster32

:) Looks like you'll be taking a tranny apart. Not too bad though. There are links for the transmission manuals someplace here on RS. Pics would be pretty neat. Good luck.

rusty1

already fixed it the rearend is locked when it broke it made the axle look like a drill bit the twist had to be fenomanal.for it to do that has anyone else had similar problems.what is really odd.the hub didnt break.i did inspect the gears and shafts to see if something happened there but all is good.

MRM

I have never broke a axle only outer bearings and my C-121 can weigh up to

2000 lbs at times but mostly pull at 1400 lbs and have pulled 6000 stone boat.

been pulling that tractor for 7 yrs now.

chris11

I am building a 8 speed now. and i am crack testing everything before i put it together.

wheel horse man

hey i live in zanesville oh are you in the old steam and gas club my wheel horse is their right now and welcom to red square

rusty1

tes im in the old steam and gas club.i was there tues.do you belong to to club as well.

wheel horse man

yep i belong to the old steam and gas club i have a commando8 with a plow their. i have to go and pick it up tomorow after the fair.