Sign in to follow this  
tmix

Pulling with Raider 12

tmix

:wh: This past weekend went pulling. It it was for the everyday grass cutter so I took the raider 12 and left the 875 at home. I watched a few pulls and saw what range and gear they were pulling in. No other Horse but mine not many around the U.P of MI. The clay was to wet so they pulled on concrete :USA: Sure let's breake a axle what the heck. So then came my turn high range 2nd gear 63 feet Hoofs started to slide did I tell you there was sand on the concrete :) I let the hoofs slip and stopped her woh girl.Got 2nd watched the big riders john deers( they are Big in the U.P) They had to add about a thousand pounds to the box you know the kind the farther you pull the more it goes up the ramp on the sleigh. I asked the guy when they were done if I could try. I know they weren't going to unload the box so I backed up to the sled and thought I might as well give it a try I told the guy with a laugh maybe 6 or 8 inches put in in high range 3rd gear and let the petal out belt slipped a little and a way we went hoofs were trotting down the concrete Pulled the trottle more and away we went .To my surprise I went 74' the old guy on the sled said hey buddy that Horse ran good. I guess next time I will go high range 3rd gear and put the wheel weights on I think I am gonna pour some out of lead I have some out of Cast I think there 10-15 pounds each.I know the axles are hollow but I brought the Horse Home in 1 piece Let it graze in the back yard for a few hours then but it in the stall all in all a good day. :) Sorry for the Long story but you know them 1st timmers !!! T Mix

Roger from southern Iowa

Sounds like you did great!!

Congrats. :)

dscott2000

Awesome! Sounds like a lot of fun! :)

gardentractorpullingfool

I always pull mine in 3rd high range that's is how will build they here in the l.p. yep i'm a michigander too!!

Attached Image

post-73-1284436845.jpg