Sign in to follow this  
rustynut

wheel horse for sale

hcminis

It's ok. I was in contact with him and left messages. Just goes to show how people aren't reliable.

OH well...probably be selling a couple mine in the near future any way.

rustynut

ok.. just makin shure you arent holdin a grudge or anyting... i like bein on everyones good side..

hcminis

nah...this is the hobby I really enjoy. Plus, hope you get it going good.

rustynut

alright i got this off the model number..... for the tractor....

id.number- 3118k80? the last number might be a 9 or another 8 i couldnt see it... will someone look it up.. thanks

rustynut

cool thaknks tt.. you were already almost right wiht false information to begine wiht... :)

i will keep this post updated wiht pictures of the rebuild of the engine

bell

Wow, I looked at this one a year or two ago... It was sitting in front of a little store in Manhattan (near greencastle) along with a green one of some sorts...

Looked pretty decent, but I walked away when he told me $500.... Small world though.

rustynut

yea this is were this guy lived and were i bought it was in greencastle

rustynut

PICT0004.jpg

PICT0007.jpg

PICT0001.jpg

PICT0008.jpg

PICT0009.jpg

jusjeepn

Cody, What happened to this? I see it's still listed in your signature.

Lane Ranger

Yeah Cody let us have an update!

I passed you on 231 when you were headed north with this thing in your pickup truck!!

I was coming south with a load of wheel horse parts in the trunk of my car!

That was a pretty good $100 purchase.

:ychain:

HorseFixer

Hey TT- did any of the 417's have vented hoods? I have one here thats non vented- maybe its a 418?

Bob Me Too! :D I like the looks of that vented hood, I also like the Idiot light panel but I hear they dont always work. :ychain:

100_2345.jpg

rustynut

hey guys sorry been busy so one of ya seen me drivin back wiht it, my ol truck is prety dang loud aint it,

so the prgress onthis motor, got it completly tooken apart drilled out the broken head bolt and re drilled and tapped the hole, honed the walls gotta go get the crank miked to fit the new rod, amd then put it back together

AMC RULES

I am on my second marriage, so I will admit to being wrong at least one other time in the past. :ROTF:

:banghead: Me too. I wasn't wrong, she was. :hide:

Two wrongs won't make it right. :thumbs:

rustynut

man i fanially got it, i got the rings, rod, gasket and im gettin the crank miked as we speak, should be done next week then i can start puttin it together

cost me $122 bucks for all the parts, and 100 for the tractor not to bad i think, and got a almost new rear distcharge deck for it that i tradeed a side distarcharge for.. i cant wait to get it runnin :thumbs: :wh:

boatman

:thumbs: I have a 416-8 that I converted to hydraulic lift. I used the hydraulic

cylinder from wheelhorse and bought an electric hydraulic pump from

some other model tractor and just ran hydraulic lines direct to pump.

The pump is reversable and works great with just the flip of a switch. The

pump fit real nice between the motor and the battery.

rustynut

well i know its been awhile but shes alost runnin i havent got to mess with it in a very long time something came up with vehicles and just got it put back together so this past week ive been getin back to my wheel horses, this one is almost ready to go, i got everything hooked up and i got the motor to crank over tonight, hopefully ill get it running tomarow, and the snow blade and tire chains and weights on it to. :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

can whlvr

i think with that many hours shes ready for a full rebuild.100 bucks is a good deal for about any horse

rustynut

yea sure is, im glad i finally got time to get back to it, im just tryin to figure out the wiring since its suppose to have a 18 horse onan on it and the guy put a 14 horse kohler on it, i cant remeber how everything was hooked up so i got a few wires im still not sure where they go, ill figure it out tomarow though i hope, i got it to crank over now :)

rustynut

ittt runssss, started right up turned over bought 3 times and she took off. gues all the hard work was worthi it, it runs great. now its time to put it to work... :bow-blue::greetings-clappingyellow::handgestures-thumbupright::banana-rock: :wh:

dennist

yea sure is, im glad i finally got time to get back to it, im just tryin to figure out the wiring since its suppose to have a 18 horse onan on it and the guy put a 14 horse kohler on it, i cant remeber how everything was hooked up so i got a few wires im still not sure where they go, ill figure it out tomarow though i hope, i got it to crank over now :)

My 418 came with a 18 horse Kohler(very smoth running tractor), but glad to hear you got this one up and running!

RCTruckDaddy

Hey rustynut, can you tell me what the stroke length of the actuator is and the total length of the bracket and center to center dimension. I want to put one on one of my tractors. Thanks. :)

rustynut

ill try to get a picture later this week and the measurments. :banana-tux:

rustynut

it runs good, but the govener isnt working????????? it runs away from you when you give it any kind of throttle???? i dont know how you reset it or adjust it.??