Sign in to follow this  
hm12460

312 -A wiring harness

hm12460

Gentlemen, i recently acquired the above named Wheel Horse knowing they are a good tractor. It wasn't in running condition. After extensive trouble shooting it has become evident the wiring harness is junk. Partstree.com wants $249 for a new one. OUCH!! I tried to find the "Toro demystification guide" on Toro's home page to no avail. Does anyone have a good used or new oem laying around for sale? Also, can someone please post a direct link to this notorious demystification guide in case i need to make one? Thanks in advance for your help.

Buzz

The Toro demystification guide is easy enough. Go to https://lookup3.toro.com/request/request.cfm

Put your long model number in and put "none" for serial number. If you don't know your long model number you can use 21-12KE01, that's the number for the 1986 312-A

hm12460

Buzz, thank you for your reply. I've hit that link/site numerous times. After entering my model number (21-12KE03) and using none for a serial number, the only manuals/guides that come up are operator manual, parts catalog, eaton hydro transmission 3 and 400 series, toro/lawnboy quality of cut.

bmuone

Welcome Harold, I tried my tractor number and got the same you did. They may have changed something. I have that demystification guide. I can email it to you if you give me an email address. It is a large file. Also check around on that wiring harness. I just got a used one from daveoman. Others may have it but may not be on this site this weekend.

hm12460

bmuone, thanks for your reply. my e-mail address is hm12460@hotmail.com

bmuone

Ok give me a minute to get some fire under this computer. (and call in my wife for help)

Buzz

Buzz, thank you for your reply. I've hit that link/site numerous times. After entering my model number (21-12KE03) and using none for a serial number, the only manuals/guides that come up are operator manual, parts catalog, eaton hydro transmission 3 and 400 series, toro/lawnboy quality of cut.

Use the model number I gave and poof, there it is........... :) So use 21-12KE01 to get to it.

bmuone

It's a good thing that some of those model numbers will work because as I found out today the file is too large to email. Downloading it from the orig site is about the only way I know. I did a search on this site and found an old post that gave the number 31-14K801 that will bring it up. And Buzz's number will work. But not all model numbers will bring the demystification guide up. Oh well...live and learn...computer stuff.