stoneman

SML-506

stoneman

How did they measure these. My teeth are 42" apart, but according to the interchangeability chart, my sickle bar, #7-1311, is a 50". It also doesn't show it interchanging with a commando 8, but it had been purchased with and used on a 67 857. :D : anybody ? Kiwi :thumbs: Kelly :thanks: TT :D

rickv1957

Will have to check my manual ,Im thinking the 1311 is a short frame 40" and the 1312 is the long frame 50",Rick

Volfandt

I have the SMS-506 on my 876 and when I measure between the outer knives on each end I get 50".

According to my manual which I'm not sure of the yrs it covers it indicates there were two sicklebar mowers offered.

1) 7-1321 (formally SMS-425) with a 42" knife bar.

2) SML-506 (formally SMS-506) with a 50" knife bar.

Altho the 42" is what was spec'ed for the 876, it operates and handles the 50" just fine.

I did a quick check of the major assemblys and with the exception of the knife and bar assmebly both SBM's share the same frame and gearbox part numbers.

Sounds like you have a 42" sicklebar mower.

Dave

stoneman

I used a flash light and a magnifying glass and confirmed that the spec. # is 7 1311, and it does measure exactly 42" from front tooth to back tooth. I wonder if it could have been miss-tagged at the factory. :thumbs: Or maybe the reason it's in such great shape is that the original 50" bar was damaged and replaced with a 42". :D

davedean

Any body know what the part number is for the knives that go on the 42" sickle bar?