Sign in to follow this  
WH Raider 10

How to get ready for winter?

WH Raider 10

I am looking for peoples opinions on how to get my tractor ready for snowblowing in the winter i am looking to use it to snow blow for a few neighbors as well as mine and was looking for advice on how to keep it in top shape.

Thanks,

Dan B. :thumbs: :D

hoppy

shouldnt be much to it. put the blower on, chains, weight. also believe you should be changing oil for winter use. pretty sure original owners manual calls for that on my 856. maybe spray your blower with a alittle silicone spray or spam. shouldnt be much to it.

Shuboxlover

And get a cab :D:D

unless you like looking like a snowman :thumbs:

GlenPettit

Clean the entire plow & inside chute, make the surfaces are very smooth and then spray it all with Silicone so the ice & water don't stick to it. Wax your entire tractor for the same reason. Try and get rid of any nicks & bends in the Auger (hammer on both sides of it, hit with one against the 2nd). Litho grease on the chain. Tight Cable, loose chute.

For Winter, a 10w30 oil is better, consider a little 'dry gas' in the tank, the minimum. Tires are usually a firmer 20# psi, weight at the tires is a real help in plowing. If on a cement or dirt floor, have a thin piece of wood under each tire when storing. Many of us like a 'float' or trickle charger to keep the battery at 100%, especially up here in MI where it often hits below 0

WH Raider 10

Thank you gentlemen, this winter season is gonna be a blast!

Thanks,

Dan B. :thumbs: :D

daemon2525

Get a new battery