Sign in to follow this  
bell

Bell's garage re-do...

Just to show what I started with...

springremodel_007.jpg

Here's what I've been up to for the past several weeks...
garage_001.jpg

garage_002.jpg

garage_004.jpg

garage_010.jpg

Today, I started moving stuff around to prepare for the MAJOR re-vamp inside...

I'm going to totally empty the main part of the garage... insulate, new ceiling, shelving, gas furnace, central air and a fresh coat of paint...

This is going to work GREAT for storage...

garage_007.jpg

garage_008.jpg

Needed a doorway...

garage_005.jpg

garage_009.jpg

That's all for now... I'm off to bed.

That looks really good Jon! Sure like them front tires on the 1045... :thumbs:

Dam Jon !!! You've sure been busy !! It looked nothing like that when I was down there about 3 weeks ago!! Looks good!!

I'll come back down and check it out when I pick up some more parts !!

Oh yeah ... I sent ya a PM

Indy

Looks great! When I stuff insulation I get a broom stick, cut a tennis ball and put it on the end of the stick, then take two 16 penny nails and tape them onto the ball like two rabbit ears sticking up, then secure the ball onto the stick.

In this manner you do not even have to touch the insulation, just stick and stuff!

Where did you put your "Big A" sign? I remember that place before the management over expanded the company and put themselves out of business with too much debt.

Thanks fellas!

Gene, I took a little inventory and... I have 5 1045 front tires. One of them is SHOT, 2 of them still have the **** and the other 2 are definately useable. Might be able to get the 2 decent ones dismounted sometime in the next couple months... lol

Marshall, sounds good... I don't have a lot of parts left, but I do have a couple cases of "sodas" that we need to drink... :D

Gerry, that sounds interesting... I can't handle insulation. I'll be hacking and coughing for DAYS after I put it in. Guess I should probably quit smoking sometime... :thumbs:

Roger, thanks! I love it. The Dodge is the reason for the remodel. I started working on it and couldn't even think with all the clutter... Will be nice to have a clean, climate controlled environment to do some rodding... and all the clutter will be out in the storage area. :D

Anonymous, I gave it to a good friend of mine. He'll get much more enjoyment out of it than me.

Did I hear "sodas" ???? I'm sure we can find some kind of parts to throw in the truck !!

I'll give ya a call in the near future :thumbs:

Indy

is there something missing on the pegboard wall?????

Luv the garage!! :thumbs: Women love heir purses and I love garages!! :D

Butch

S. Jersey

looks great, are you leaving the one floor gravel? Just wodnering, because I know gravel is a PITA to lay and work on.

Very nice job Jon...looks clean and well done. :thumbs:

Thanks guys! The floor in the "barn" will stay gravel. That side will be for storage only. I will be building a mechanical room in the very back of it (where the shelf is) for the furnace and air compressor...

I've moved to the inside now...

Here's the BEFORE...

garage1.jpg

garage2.jpg

garage3.jpg

garage4.jpg

I'll have some "during" pics in a couple days... Got the new breaker panel and 90% of the new wiring in, more work benches, moved some cabinets around and started the new wall sheeting and insulation.

Man I'm green! Nice looking work area, are you going to have a dip tank and will that be inside or out if you do?

Great lookin transformation. Keep the pictures coming. Those of us without a grage, just love to look at em ......

Thanks guys!

Gerry, I hauled the e-tank over to my dad's shop... Along with the blast cabinet. He's starting restorations on two Bolens Ridemasters and will need them more than I do. Plus, I can use them and not make a mess in my shop... lol

Just a little update...

I've been sick for the past couple weeks... (sinus infection/cold), so I've been SLOWLY making progress. The walls, shelves and cabinets are DONE! I'm just now getting over this sickness and start vacation at 6:00 am!!!! The garage WILL be 99% done by the end of the week. I'll post up some more pics towards the end of the week.

Time to play "catch-up"...

Here's the mess I started with.

garage012.jpg

Some random pics along the way...

garage015.jpg

garage014.jpg

garage017.jpg

garage018.jpg

garage021.jpg

garage022.jpg

garage013.jpg

All I have left to do is put all of my tools where they go, organize the shelves and the storage barn, build a mechanical room in the storage barn and hook up the furnace and air compressor...

Here's the "finished" product.

garage030.jpg

garage029.jpg

garage027.jpg

garage028.jpg

And, a couple pics if the rod in it's "new" home...

garage031.jpg

garage032.jpg

WOW Jon!!!! You have been busy...looks absolutely fantastic. :USA::wh:

Is it time to hit the rod??? :)