Sign in to follow this  
BPjunk

Tractor Pullin'

BPjunk

When I go to a antique tractor show with my Wheel Horses and find out they have a pull for garden tractors ......... I will have a Wheel Horse in the pull!

The 633 diesel BEAST does a lot of the pullin' and I am in the process of building a dedicated puller for stock classes. This will be my 1969 Raider 10 and will not be modifed to the point of no return for a restoration. The engine will get warmed over and the 5071 Unidrive is in good working order (10 pinion with cylindrical spring posi differential) . A set of Firestone 23 degree Ag tires hold up the rear along with stock cast iron wheel weights.

Does any other members here do tractor pullin' ?

Bill in Richmond, Va.

Rollerman

You know Bill I've always been warned about useing the 10 pinions for pulling? :thumbs:

We have a big local club here, you probably seen them in action at Riverview a few years back?

They do a lot of travelling & want there members to come to as many events as possible.

I enjoy watching when they are local but with my schedule it's hard to become a member of the club.

It's funny....people see or find out I collect Wheel Horses they seem to think I'm a puller .

They don't get it when I tell them I just fix them up for fun. :thumbs:

baerpath

Ya I do a little pulling :thumbs:

Careful on those 10 pinions Bill Broke two in one weekend on a stock Raider 12 :thumbs: But we run 1050 and 1100lb classes on cut 26x12x12's pulling a 7000lb sled.

Duane

BPjunk

Ya I do a little pulling :thumbs:

Careful on those 10 pinions Bill Broke two in one weekend on a stock Raider 12 :D But we run 1050 and 1100lb classes on cut 26x12x12's pulling a 7000lb sled.

Duane

Duane,

This Raider 10 will be just a toy and the sleds I pull range from small to 5,000 lbs. The object is to keep the Raider 10 stock looking so 23 x 8.50 will be used (non-cut), the changes to the HH-100 Tecumseh engine will include porting out the intake and exhaust, a Vogel cam, shave the head down .020, .010 on the crank and a cylinder .010 over rebore . With the shaved head I will also install head studs to get a better seal with more accurate torquing using fine thread nuts.

I hope ...... I said I hope to have this done by the 10th Annual Wheel Horse Show and the factory Wheel Horse puller that was featured in the January /Febuary issue of Lawn and Garden Magazine (Factory Ordered) will also be at the show. :thumbs:

Bill in Richmond, Va.

charger10us

Bill, are you going to be able to get any power out of that HH-100????

HE!HE!HE! :thumbs::thumbs::D :P