Sign in to follow this  
2tractornuts

C-105/1980 10hp

2tractornuts

:D Ok new tractor i bought its a 1980 C-105 here's what i found any input would be appreaciated:

Stator 10 amp i asume, anyway it puts out 18.9 vac 70 percent reduction means 13.23 vdc left to charge battery is this enough?

Went to remove +battery cable to check out put of rectifier/regulator and the engine died put the + cable back and it runs so there is no magneto no?

amp meter shows like its working but not sure no positive influence on the meter stays a zero wigles a little bit shows no positive curent being supplied but when you flip on the light switch the meter will go neg about 5 amps and stay there untill i turn the switch off then right back to zero :thumbs:

WH854

Your tractor has points and condenser need battery in order to run.Charging system is under the flywheel. Thats all I know about electric on these tractors so far someone will come along and give better advice. :D

Chas :thumbs:

2tractornuts

:thumbs: You are right i will post pic of this thang when i get it right probaly this winter ordered new ruber this week thanks again" :D:D Eddie

TT

:thumbs:

Your engine is equipped with a 15 amp alternator. I haven't seen one yet that will keep the engine running with the battery disconnected - and trying that really isn't good for the rectifier/regulator either.

Open this .pdf file and go to page 84 for proper testing procedures:

Kohler service manual

2tractornuts

:D ok i just went outside and checked the resisitance was .9 with ohm meter set at 200 thats the lowest setting i have the voltage was 12.4 on battery

the voltage on the rectifier was 8.9 vdc that was checked on the b+ side of regulator so now i will stop looking for an 10 amp stator and look for a 15 amp stator lets say its a 10 amp system would a 15 amp stator work with what i have :thumbs:

2tractornuts

:thumbs: thanks TT and WH854 for yaws help

thanks Ed