Sign in to follow this  
perry

cars you first remember your parents having

perry

the first i remember is mom's 65 or 66 rambler. i can remember my sisters pet goat climbing on it.

then we had a big'ol blue 68 olds ninety eight. i can remember it had a ton of options. the back seat was like its own living space with lighters, ashtrays everywhere, lighted vanity mirrors arm rest's. i think it even had its own seperate rear heat.

had that car for a long time up into the 80's.

2335622979_8f9a692b0b.jpg

3475chf_27.jpeg

stevebo

Brown Chrysler Cordoba (spelling?) It was loaded too. I think mid 70's model... It was a nice car. My uncle had a baby blue 1979 lincoln towncar with all the bells and whistles that we took on vacation. Back then it was okay to put 6 people in it and i sat in the front on the armrest for a 5 hour trip to the jersey shore?? What were they thinking??

zieg72

My parents baby blue 60 Ford... the bye bye car. Oddly enough I remember every one of them, even dads company cars through the years. I have had over 400 and can remember most of them... I guess a sick hobby of mine...

Next was a 64 Ford, 67 Ford then we became a 2 car family with a 68 Pontiac Bonneville. Then came the new cars, 1972 Olds Delta 88, 1978 Olds Delta 88 then to a 84 Olds 88, after that it was all down hill with the mini vans and junks IMO...

Butch

1955 yellow Chrysler with a green hdtp. Then a 1966 white 4 door Chrysler New Yorker. I thought that 66 Chrysler was the nicest car. No A/C or FM radio in it but it had rear heat!! Slept many a mile on the back window dash!! It also had four door handles o it until my wife borrowed it and panicked. She wiped out both door handles on the driver side at her company's parking lot!! She hasn't changed in 35 years!!

Butch

S. Jersey

Lane Ranger

1947 Pontiac Chief 6 cylinder two door grey tank, 1951 Hudson Hornet 4 door grey, 1955 Chevy Bel Air hardtop, 1967 Ford Galaxe 500 two-door hardtop, 1970 Ford Futura,

1991 Ford Taurus and a 1964 Oldsmobile Rocket 88!

rickv1957

1958 chevy was the first I remember,Rick

VinsRJ

1965 Chevy Corvair

jusjeepn

Dad had the 51 Chevy step side p/u forever! It actually was my first at 13 years old. I drove it in the fields pulling hay wagons. Mom didn't drive until us kids were a little older but her first was a 66 Chrysler 4 door "boat". I remember family vacation from Indiana to Arizona sleeping on the floor boards and in the back window deck.

Seat belts and car seats didn't come into play until my kids born.

300zx

1953 navy blue dynaflo Buick. It had the antenna knob above the windshield that you could turn if you went under something low. I too spent many miles sleeping on the rear floor across the hump or in the back window. It floated down the road like a big boat and felt like it was going rub the quarter panel when we went around a corner. Then a 59 Impala, 63 Buick, and Buicks from then on. When I started driving and dating, I got to drive the chore truck, a 63 Turquoise Ford step-side pickup. Rubber floor cover that I had to flush the cow and hog manure out of before I could go out and then I would run the heater all of the way to town to get the smell out. Oh, those were the days!!!!

154975181_6c088da196.jpg1963fordf100pkup011405.jpg

Roger from southern Iowa

The first car I remember my dad having was a 37 Chevy 4 door then a 39 Chevy 4 door. The next ones I remember was a 52 Chevy, 57 Chevy 4 door 283 stick (ran hard). Don't ask how I know :D . After that just boring 70's stuff.

I think I'm showing my age. :thumbs:

Butch

Steveasaurus's screen name pretty much tells you what his family drove!! :thumbs:

Butch

S. Jersey

markslawnmowerworld

wow butch.......... :thumbs:

Butch

wow butch.......... :D

What?????? You weren't gonna fall for that chariot BS were ya? :thumbs:

Butch

S. Jersey

truckin88

so is redsquare also known as AARP?

dclarke

63 galaxie 500, black with a white top and red interior. 69 caprice classic, with factory air. remember having the clear plastic seat covers put on it. 74 olds delta 88.

Butch

63 galaxie 500, black with a white top and red interior. 69 caprice classic, with factory air. remember having the clear plastic seat covers put on it. 74 olds delta 88.

Now use'a youngin based on those cars!!

My kids got to see an 1984 Grand Marquis Colony Park with wood panel siding that I swore I would never own. My wife loved it because it was very roomy and after all it was her car. Then my car was a 1980 Datsun 310. My oldest son cried when I traded it in on a 1988 Chevy 1500 PU.

Butch

S. Jersey

TT

Dad drove a '52 Chevy deluxe cab 1/2 ton pick-up (brush painted red) with a 235 six & 3 on the tree (I had the cool little car seat with the steering wheel :D ) and mom drove the '60 Olds Super 88 4 door hardtop that dad bought new in October of '59.

The truck is long gone, but the Olds is still in the garage at my parent's place. :thumbs:

(It hasn't been on the road since 1984)

Dad bought a '66 VW beetle after he sold the truck (around 1976/77) and a '76 Mercury Comet 4 door replaced the Olds. I took my drivers test in the Comet in 1985. :D

C-Series14

Mom had the cool cars growing up. First I remember was a 1964 Impala SS Convertible. Then she was into Pontiac, 1967 GTO that had a 400/335hp and a 4-speed. She wrecked that. Then got a 1968 Firebird. Didn't like that small of a car so in 1970, she got a silver GTO with the 400/350 hp 4-speed. Then she got hit by lightning or something cause her next car was an ugly 1973 Olds Cutlass and it only got even worse from there....Now she drives a Jeep Grand Cherokee but wants a Cadillac CST!!!

Butch

so is redsquare also known as AARP?

Steveasaurus thinks so. Except he thinks that "AA" stands for "aardvark"!!

Butch

S. Jersey

Save Old Iron

I remember A car

Chrysler I think - about the late 50's or early 60's

I remember the chromed push-button transmission selector on the dash

and the Pink, Black and White paint scheme on the outside. No idea what it was.

Otherwise the memories of the grey Rambler come in right after that one, then the Turban Bronze colored Plymouth Fury in the 70's

stevasaurus

Here is a picture of the first car that I remember my dad having...we used to do a lot of camping: Can't tell you how many squirrels we ran over with this vehicle.

images-1.jpg

And this was my first vehicle...wish I still had this...won a lot of soap box derby's with her...

FlintstoneCar.jpg

then my dad bought one of these...56 fairlane...only it was the turquoise, 2 door with a t-bird engine.

ford5601a.jpg

and then I remember a 1965 ford galaxy, but it was the smoke color with black interior and convertable...289....took this to the prom.

ford6501a.jpg

I am still into the 60's...the 60's rule...BC or AD. :thumbs::D:D :thanks:

tommy3horse

A '65 Mustang coupe.

I got to drive it in High School. I still like the ole Mustangs, Now I own 2 '65's, a coupe and a Rangoon red Fastback 2+2. Both have 289's and toploader 4 speeds, like dads. They spend alot of time with the other horses in the garage while my new stuff sits outside.

Look closely at my avatar, you can see the nose of the fastback sticking out of the garage. :D

Tom

:thumbs:

shallowwatersailor

Mom was the driver in our family. Dad drove a M-3 Half-Track during WW-II but never transitioned to driving in civilian life.

We started with a '48 Studebaker, then a '52 Buick Century, after that a '55 Pontiac Starchief. A '55 Packard Patrician almost replaced the Buick but it had tranny problems. No cars for a while (the beauty of living in a large metropolitan area with great public transportation), then a 15 year old '49 Dodge Coronet Coupe that my brother bought originally. That was my favorite as I learned to drive with it at 16. I almost put Bumble Bee stripes on the rear to immitate contemporary Road Runners!

All were used when we bought them but well maintained. I wish that I had just one of them today to still drive!

John

Butch

stevasaurus I 'bout spit my coffee out!! :thumbs::D

Butch

S. Jersey

Ken B

24 yrs ago today was my first date with the wife. Today is also our 17th wedding anniversary. On the night of our first date I pulled into the wifes parents driveway with my 69 Charger 440 for the first time and inside the garage is sitting a 62 Ford Fairlane factory race car. Turns out my father in law bought it brand new, never registered it. He only raced it. There is curretly 2500 miles on the car and most of it from flat towing. It is still like new. 406 tripower 4 speed with 4.56's out back. It has not been out of his garage since 1968. The wagon he is racing was out of Norwalk CT. It had a 427 with 2 fours on it. Father in law said that wagon always got him off the line.

LilThunder.jpg