Sign in to follow this  
marshman

drive belt for commado 800

marshman

Hi, im new to this forum i have a commando 800 and a commado 8

I need a drive belt from the engine to the pully on the gearbox for the commando 800. Does anyone know what the part number is for one thanks :thumbs: :thumbs:

TT

:thumbs:

Your Commando 800 should be a 1972 - model # 1-0110.

The Toro P/N for the drive belt is 7473 (82" long X 21/32" wide) which also crosses to Gates 6982.

DO NOT buy a cheap rubber-coated belt or you will have declutching problems.

marshman

Thanks the model number on the frame says 1-0141 but i cant seam to find that anywhere?

CasualObserver

Ummm... that's the model number of a B-80... same as mine? Horizontal Kohler 8HP... nothing at all like a vertical Commando 800... someone switched your hood.

combatmp29r

:D

Model 1-0141 is a 1975 B80 garden tractor. Perhaps someone changed the dash tower on your comando 800, or its actually a B80 with a commando 800 tank support and badges :thumbs: :thumbs:

TT

1-0141 is a 1975 B-80 4 speed. (I have one too.)

WH82307010.jpg

It still uses the same belt. :thumbs:

You can find a parts list for it HERE.

combatmp29r

Uhhhh Jason a commando 800 is a horizontal shaft with the samll 10" rear tires on it :thumbs: The Verts were V8s in 69 and just 8s in 70. Oh and Sheesh your fast LOL :thumbs:

CasualObserver

whoops... my bad :thumbs: was thinking of the ranger 800 auto.... thanks Joel!

T-Mo

Marshman,

I don't have anything to add as the rest of the guys here have you covered. But I want to :thumbs: And as always, :thumbs:

marshman

Thanks veryone and thanks for the welcome

How can i whats what whats the diffence bettween a commando 800 and the b thanks

marshman

Ummm... that's the model number of a B-80... same as mine? Horizontal Kohler 8HP... nothing at all like a vertical Commando 800... someone switched your hood.

sorry just relised you told me :imstupid:

nylyon

Marshman, welcome to RedSquare glad you found us and :thumbs:

T-Mo

Here's a link to the picture gallery thread that shows the Commando 800: Commando 800 pictures

marshman

Thanks guys, just been on the phone to the dealer i brought it from and after a bit of dective work it is a commando 800 as the isnt a direct shaft to the cutter deck? is this right sorry for my lack of knowlage on this. If i cant find out do you reckon you could identify it if i put a picture up thanks

T-Mo

Study the pictures. A B-80 will have a little more room between the grille and engine and the grille and hood swoops forward at the top. The Commando 800 has less room between the grille and engine and will have more of an upright grille. Also the hoods on the B-80 seem longer than those on a Commando 800. If the tractor still has the id plate, there is where I would start. :thumbs:

nylyon

Get the numbers. You have the numbers from the frame, next get the numbers from the engine, model, and spec. Pictures will help as well. In my opinion, it is more likely that the hood was swapped rather than the hood stand (where the ID tag is) making it the B-80, but you never know.

marshman

ok bit more dective work and studying the pics, i has a b 80 bonnet and the engine is futher back like you said will go and get the numbers off the engine and takes some pics

nylyon

Would you by chance be a new U.K. member? The bonnet gives it away...

marshman

Would you by chance be a new U.K. member? The bonnet gives it away...

:thumbs: you guessed it, it was a test :thumbs: Hope thats ok its not just an us site is it? thanks for the help just going to attemped to put a pic up of it i think its a b-80

nylyon

We have a great U.K. representation here at RedSquare and I am sure they will chime in soon.

marshman

Um hope this isnt going to far off topic but how do you add a picture :imstupid: :thumbs:

T-Mo

You're more than welcome here. You're about our 5 UK member, along with Ian (Stigian), Jim (Mith), Wesley, and Gerry. I hope I didn't leave anyone out. :thumbs:

marshman

You're more than welcome here. You're about our 5 UK member, along with Ian (Stigian), Jim (Mith), Wesley, and Gerry. I hope I didn't leave anyone out. :thumbs:

nylyon

Um hope this isnt going to far off topic but how do you add a picture :imstupid: :thumbs:

Check here for an example using Photobucket.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1071

You can use any picture host you wish the instructions should be similar.

marshman

Hope this works thanks

pics1034-1.jpg