Sign in to follow this  
Stigian

A second chance offer on ebay

Stigian

A quick question chaps,

Ive just had a second chance offer to buy this Kohler + generator and fleabay.

Question 1... what do you think of the deal?

Question 2... Will it fit in my Raider :thumbs:

Kohler Engine

curly

Stigian

Most of the generators I have seen have a tapered shaft and most mowers have a keyed shaft,. Check this to be sure,

Sorry can not help you more

Curly In Kaintuckee

WheelHorse_of_course

Stigian

Most of the generators I have seen have a tapered shaft and most mowers have a keyed shaft,. Check this to be sure,

Sorry can not help you more

Curly In Kaintuckee

When I was a kid one of the neighborhood kids got a tapered shaft engine to put on his mini-bike.

Well whatever his attempt to attach the clutch did not work. I suggested drilling two holes in the crankshaft and using the two set screws on the clutch in lieu of a key.

Actually the kid did manage to do so, but since he used the wrong size bit, and drilled to deep there was wobbling.

Later I bought it from him and got some longer screws and made it work adequately.

I spent many hours on that bike and never had it fly off and wound me!

whchris

you could always buy another crank shaft and change it over you could put a v8 in your raider if you wanted to so yes it will fit but you may have to do some mods :thumbs:

Kelly

I'm with Chris on this anything will fit with some work, But I also think you will find it has a tapered shaft, as most that power gen. do, but if the price is right. I'm sure a adaptor could be made.

TT

Take notice to the low-mount starter motor too.

You will have to change the blower housing and starter to make this Wheel Horse compatible. (Your original Raider parts will interchange though. :thumbs: )

Kelly

TT I have a C-120 with the low mount starter and it fits fine.

TT

And it probably has the itty-bitty lawn & garden battery in it too.

A 22NF battery and a low-mount starter won't mix.

Kelly

I didn't know you could stuff a bigger batt. in there? I have a normal GT batt. in it, the same as most of my tractors.

TT

If his Raider has the wider battery box like the 3 I have, they're actually made for a 22NF "car" battery.

"Our" C series tractors have a different battery box, which is why you have room for a low-mount starter. :thumbs:

I tried to use a L.M. starter on my '68 Charger and it wouldn't fit. :thumbs:

Here's the thread where we were trying to figure out if JD Terry could put a bigger battery in his C-141. It has some battery & battery box dimensions.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1738

Kelly

My C has the small batt. tray I'm not sure any of my tractors have the big tray. Perry's 1277 has one and I've seen others, I have a few from the mid to late 60's including 2 raiders and I'm going to have to say none have it, so you are right I'm sure about not fitting with the big tray, I'm just not used to dealing with that opition.

Stigian

Cheers for all the advise guys :P

I did wonder about the shaft being compatable, so im going with the general vote that it will be tapered :P

Well spotted about the starter being low slung TT :thumbs: i hadn't noticed that :D

I think it would cause problems with the battery.. Oh well :P

Roll on when the new rings and gasket set arrive for the Raiders k241, it should put any ideas of engine swaps out my head for a while :D:thumbs: Well maybe :D