Sign in to follow this  
wse100

clevis lift question

wse100

I would like a Clevis lift for my tractor (gt11 42) and I have a friend that works at a machine shop, and is willing to make me one. I have seen the drawings, but does any one have a schematic, or a dimensional drawing of this. Also can you tell me what gauge / thickness of steel used. I have read the other thread on this and I still am unable to find the dimensions for this, Or could you point me to a site that has it?

Thanks again,

Charles

TT

The flat steel should be 2" wide X 3/8" thick. Karl (nylyon) has the dimensions/measurements here on Redsquare somewhere. :thumbs:

Be advised that you will also need to buy/fabricate the related components to make the clevis hitch functional. :thumbs:

Here's a LINK to the IPL with prices at PartsTree.com

MaineDad
ClevisHitch.gif

wse100

as always thank guys...

My gt will be doing some chore after a bit! :thumbs:

illinilefttackle

WSE100- I found these measurements in my Wheel Horse files-a couple pictures too-hope they might help your fabrication-AL

clevishitchnewest2.jpg

clevishitchnewest1.jpg

All measurements are rough. The bar stock appears to be 2" x 3/8" except the lift bar which is 1 1/2" x 3/8". The tractor mount portion is snug with the attachment point on the tractor. From the tractor mount pin to the first bend is about 5 1/2", next bend is about 3 1/2" and the final is about 2 1/2" Total length from tractor mount pin center to the outer edge on the back of the bar is about 11". Where the lift cable attaches is 6 1/2" from the center of the lift hole to the bottom of the hitch. The back of the hitch is about 5" across with the center lift tube measuring 3 3/8" high from the bottom of the hitch. There re 2 holes with nuts welded to the inside. Those holes are 3 1/4" from center to center.

wse100

one more question please.

Where the hitch attaches to the back of the tractor, is the inner dimensions including the spacers or with out? I have a draw type hitch on it now and there are two spacers one on each side. With the spacers the inner dimesion of the clevis would be 5", without its only about three inches.

thanks,

Charles

wse100 (Stands for "wood shed experience" x 100) lol Getting wooped!

nylyon

The hitch fits in-place of those spacers, while keeping the drawbar installed

Curmudgeon

Basically, the clevis hitch is newer and more universal. You can find all sorts of non-Wheel Horse attachments, such as Brimley and Agri-Fab, that will fit right on the clevis.

wse100

My clevis hitch is....Almost complete!

Just one more piece of information.

Does anyone know what the inner diameter is of the tube where the clevis pin goes? I would like to make it the size its supposed to be so I can put brinly stuff on it! Anyone know? I could guess, but most the time when i guess i get in big trouble (Ask my wife)!

Thanks again,

Charles

GlenPettit

3/4" is correct. I've found that a "Pin" for Farm Hay wagons (TSC) fits in perfectly, with a red plastic loop, about $5, and held in with a "D ring", $1. It's hard metal, easy to insert and remove and the exact right length.