Sign in to follow this  
Tennessee Country Boy

500 Special

Tennessee Country Boy

First time here, was told about this last night. Need to clear up something. The 500 Special that Ben is saying he has bought is not a restored wheel horse. Ben was never told this was a restored wheel horse. It just looks good in pictures. It has scraches , dents and was painted years ago. Wrong motor, wrong pan on seat and now after looking at it last night i have discovered it does not have a tag. Just don't want people thinking I will miss repersent something. I have told Ben this also. Also Ben did not want to send a deposit so as far as I am concerned. The wheel horse is not for sale at this time to anyone.

Thanks, Henry in Tennessee

TT

Henry, :D

Don't worry about the 500 Special and Ben.......

There's one on CRAIGSLIST in Acushnet, MA (they made a big mistake on the year though! :thumbs: ) which has to be a lot closer to Ben. It's listed for $300, so maybe he'll still be able to get one if he doesn't want yours. :thumbs:

Rollerman

Henry a big welcome to Red Square & hope to see you post here often!

I don't think anyone here at the Square thinks wrong of you.

Tractors deals like that can get awkward...always best to buy in person.

T-Mo

Henry,

I also want to :thumbs: . Like Stephen said, no one here thinks bad of you, and of Ben for that matter. It's hard to make deals long distance and when you only got pictures to work with, things can get misunderstood without forethought nor malice on any of the two sides. I hope you post here a lot and :thumbs:

TN CRAWLER

HENRY, GLAD TO SEE YOU HERE, I HAVE DELT WITH HENERY A VERY UP FRONT PERSON, BUSINESS AND A FRIEND. WELCOME, RON, TN CRAWLER

:thumbs:

oldandred

First time here, was told about this last night. Need to clear up something. The 500 Special that Ben is saying he has bought is not a restored wheel horse. Ben was never told this was a restored wheel horse. It just looks good in pictures. It has scraches , dents and was painted years ago. Wrong motor, wrong pan on seat and now after looking at it last night i have discovered it does not have a tag. Just don't want people thinking I will miss repersent something. I have to Ben this also. Also Ben did not want to send a deposit so as far as I am concerned. The wheel horse is not for sale at this time to anyone.

Thanks, Henry in Tennessee

good to se you here

check it out its a great site :thumbs:

CHARGER9AUTO

Henry, :P

Don't worry about the 500 Special and Ben.......

There's one on CRAIGSLIST in Acushnet, MA (they made a big mistake on the year though! :D ) which has to be a lot closer to Ben. It's listed for $300, so maybe he'll still be able to get one if he doesn't want yours. :thumbs:

Terry, I think the 500 SPECIAL tractor was not meant for me I will find one at the show for sale not model but like my '73 8 HP 4-Speed for $400 Clean . I like find another 8 HP with the 8-Speed transmission . Ben :D :thumbs:

chevelletown

Hi Henery and welcome to Red Square. I just sent you the deposit for the 551 we talked about. The pics look great and I can't wait to pick it up in May at Portland :thumbs::thumbs: I'm very happy with the deal. I know you have several tractors for sale, be sure to post an add and some pics in the for sale section. Stephen (tickster) gave me your email address and put me in contact with you....thanks Stephen.

Post here often, and I look forward to meeting you in Portland and getting to know you here on Red Square.

Ken

BPjunk

Hi Henry,

I hope Gwen, Michael and the grandbaby are dong well!

Like we talked about the next time we are in Portland we will line Gwen's tractor and the Mighty Lawn Ranger Six Speed up at a traffic light on Main street for a little picture fun!

And don't forget to let me know before the show if Jimmy is coming or not so we can get things set set up.

Uh oh ... hey how'd ya' like the picture of the "Wheel Horse train" in the latest issue of Lawn and Garden Collector Magazine??? :thumbs:

Jus' one hillbilly talkin' to a country boy! :thumbs:

Bill in Richmond, Va.

Tennessee Country Boy

Bill,

Sorry I did not get to call you back. Steve from South Bend , Ind. was here picking up a RJ58 and stayed a long time. Then had company. Will call you Saturday or Sunday.

Henry

CHARGER9AUTO

Bill,

Sorry I did not get to call you back. Steve from South Bend , Ind. was here picking up a RJ58 and stayed a long time. Then had company. Will call you Saturday or Sunday.

Henry

Henry, I mentioned to you before in previous e-mails I will have the $350 or $400 ready for you to pay for the tractor at the show in PA I never send any down payments or deposits for a Wheel Horse But I will find another tractor at the show like an 867 - 877 - 875 hydro whatever is for sale . Ben