Sign in to follow this  
MaineDad

Spreading Manure Video

MaineDad

Guys,

Here's a video my son made of me spreading about 8 yards of cow manure last spring on one of our gardens. Using the 96 Wheel Horse 314-8 with a 48 inch blade. The AG tires work great in this stuff. Hope you enjoy it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nCpICUyeD8

CasualObserver

very art-sy! gotta love natural fertilizer! :thumbs:

Jim_M

I guess it would be fair to say "you were in deep sh*t"!

Rollerman

Worse case scenario...would could have been spreading your fertilizer & a sudden rain storm would come up...& then you'd be stuck like "mail man" in slimy :thumbs:

Atleast it looks warmer to plow than snow. :thumbs:

mailman

I have to admit, that would have been FAR worse being stuck in THAT then in just plain mud! I even thought of that as I was ankle deep in it. That video shows just what these horses can do! Nice job! :thumbs:

kpinnc

Wow! I of course mean this in a good way:

THAT'S A BUNCH OF SH!T! :thumbs:

Your son sure seems to be handling the Horse well, though! He did a great job!

Kevin

Craig Arndt

That was a great video it was very artsy, loved the working shots of tires and blasting slo-mo thru a pile of sHtt. Great movie.

I hope to have one tomorrow, supposed to get some snow.

Stigian

Nice vid Micah :thumbs: your 314-8 looked like it was handling it with ease :thumbs:

T-Mo

Nice video, very cool. Really loved the editing, especially the close up shot of the plow with the decal "Travel At Safe, Slow Speeds" then the follow-up shot in slow motion. Very nicely done. :thumbs:

MaineDad

Thanks guys,

I was driving and my son did the video plus the editing. We will do another video this spring when we plow and disc both gardens.

We still have 3 feet of snow on the ground and we are supposed to get 4 to 8 inches of snow today :thumbs:

Rideawaysenior

Nice video. I'd love to see someone try that with one of the Craftsman Garden Tractors. "saying that makes me cringe". I would only expect to see the rear end puke up or down the gears and fluid. They sure don't make them like they used to.

Jack

mailman

We need more videos like this! My son (18 months old), LOVES them. He can sit on my lap for hours if there were that many to watch. (thank God there aren't!)

Curmudgeon

Ok, sorry, but...................................

Having grown up on a dairy farm, and having spread literally tons and tons of poop, that's not poop. That's compost.

The difference is twofold.

Moisture content.

And SMELL! Like I could even smell it. LOL

Also, again sorry, but that's not spreading, it's shoving it around. Spreading is where it goes flying through the air.

And never, EVER, drive downwind when spreading! Think about it, and I'm NOT referring to the aroma.

MaineDad

It was manure from the previous fall. We have several dairy farms near my house. You are right that it was not too wet, but it did smell, and you could see the carbon dioxide plumes when I hit the pile.

Funny story - that night around 2:00am in the morning, my wife got up to let the dog out. About 2:05am she was waking me up telling me the dog had rolled in the manure and came inside and of course jumped right up on the couch. At 2:10am I had the dog in the tub washing him and then had the couch cleaned by 2:45am.

When I finally got back into bed my lovely wife exclaimed, "I didn't sign up to be a F...... Farmers wife!" and she rolled over away from me. :thumbs:

mailman

I guess she didn't read the fine print huh? :thumbs:

Jim_M

I guess she didn't read the fine print huh? :thumbs:

They never do!

Curmudgeon

No comment..........

For now.

Craig Arndt

I love it, something my wife would say too. I wanted a garden when we built this house, "you don't need a garden". Had I listened we wouldn't have 4 gallons of sauce for dinners throughout the winter and all those frozen veggies. :thumbs:

I live with the tractor comments but I get by. :thumbs:

Curmudgeon

My wife actually supported my tractor hobby. She took the reasoning would she rather I be in the garage tinkering, or running around to bars, etc.

So if any of you gets tired of the spouses comments, just say, "Well I could be out doing such and such instead if you'd prefer."

But then who am I to be giving marital advise!!!! LOL