Sign in to follow this  
mailman

Tilling lesson

mailman

159.jpg

I figured if the garden was just a bit wet it wouldn't have mattered. guess I should have waited.

161.jpg

After pulling her out with the jeep, i figured I'd wait to hit that last strip.

162.jpg

MaineDad

Hey Mith! It's a Wheel Horse Mud Run :thumbs:

You'll probably need to till it all over again because of the clumps it made. More seat time :thumbs:

T-Mo

At least you got it out. I know my ground is pretty wet also. I got my C-141 stuck last week, but I was able to drive it out after jockeying it for a while. Of course, we just had torrential rain for two days prior. :imstupid:

T-Mo

Micah,

It's not Mith, it's the Mailman. :thumbs:

CasualObserver

That's a nice looking patch and spot for one! You got most of the way done, eh? I agree with Micah on the re-tilling later when it dries. It should dry quicker now though, since you've opened it up. I don't have a patch that nice for a garden, but perhaps we can get a "little farmers" thread going and show off some members gardens throughout the season!?

Craig Arndt

1-3 inches of snow forecast for tomorrow- BLADE TIME!

I won't get to till until May. Isn't that sad? Plants go in end of May. Course our weather is so messed up from this cycle change. 20 years ago winter was snow and cold from Dec-March. Now, its warm, cold warm cold. Least the summers have been warm for good garden crops.

Great picture- and only a Jeep could get that baby out!

MaineDad

Micah,

It's not Mith, it's the Mailman. :thumbs:

I know it's not Mith - but Mith checks in once in a while and he is famous for his Wheel Horse in the mud

T-Mo

Sorry, Micah. Brain freeze there. :thumbs:

mailman

Nope, I surely ain't no Mith! :thumbs:

MaineDad

No problem.

Mailman - you need to get a moldboard plow too :thumbs:

mailman

I have one. A real nice one too. It's just that the tiller does such a nice job. Every once and a while the plow does what it's supposed to.

Unbelievable as it may sound, I went back out and attempted another run at the quagmire of mud. (I think the four or five beers helped).

I succeeded!!

I think it actually dried out a bit in the course of a few hours.

Here's the completed garden all tilled!

165.jpg

166.jpg

MaineDad

Nice job. You've got a nice yard there too.

Rollerman

You've got a nice yard there too

Yes I agree...nice & roomy...plus the hand laid stone wall looks great!

Craig Arndt

So what is going in that garden? Is that about 60x100. Looks big! Is that smaller one a flower gardent to attract bees? I have our kids flower garden about 10' off of our main garden to attact pollinators. Great pictures.

Nick

Nice little truck patch you have there. Now you just need some natural fertilizer (like Micah had) to till in. :thumbs: Was that turf tires or ags you were using? Your garden reminds me of the old days when we had a big garden and did some canning. Also got me to thinking of frozen apple sauce, been pushing 30 years since Ive had that I guess.

Forgot to add thats also a nice looking stone wall.

Nick in Ohio

mailman

Nick, the tractor has ags, but it was especially wet in one particular area and...well...you know the story.

039.jpg

mrwiggles2, that smaller patch is exactly as you thought. A flower garden. It's actually for my wife. She likes cut flowers, but the polinator attraction factor helps. :thumbs:

T-Mo

Yes I agree...nice & roomy...plus the hand laid stone wall looks great!

I also agree with Stephen and the others about your yard. And, like Stephen, I like the stone wall, really nice. :thumbs:

BTW, nice looking tractor when it's cleaned up and not axle deep in mud. Though a dirty Wheel Horse is a happy horse. :thumbs:

Nick

mailman, I saw your avatar was showing ag tires but the mud had covered them so well I couldnt tell if they were ags with the tiller. :thumbs: The tiller will have the garden ready now you better get the Burpee catalog and hope for good growing weather this year. :thumbs:

Nick in Ohio