Sign in to follow this  
Craig Arndt

48" Blade new to me

Craig Arndt

Hope this isn't overkill for some of you as it was on MTF, but just wanted to show off my new 48" blade.

The linkage didn't come with it under the tractor, so I used chain and two clevis pins. I don't notice much if any side to side movement, so I think its ok.

I do need the handle to turn and the lever to pull the pin so it can be turned, been doing that by hand but want to do it from the seat. If you see or hear of any let me know... not bad for $95 I was amazed I got it for that price!

IMG_1574.jpg

T-Mo

Craig,

Nice clean blade, not too bad for that price. I pick up one a couple of months back for $5 more and it had the angle adjustment handle and he threw in the rear axle attachment bracket. I seen them for around $150 on up without the rear axle attachment bracket, so you done real good.

I also saw the video you made of your son over on MTF. You could post it here as I'm sure all the guys here would like to see it. :thumbs:

Sparky

Overkill?? Never on this forum. I love pics of anyones red stuff(and TT's black stuff :thumbs: ) Good lookin plow. I bet it gets kinda old gettin off yer tractor every time you want to angle the blade.

I dont have any angle levers but will keep my eye open and giva ya a holler if I find one.

Mike..........

Craig Arndt

Thank you Mike, that would be much appreciated if you kept a lookout for an angle lever. I'm going to have to find one before next winter because getting on and off will be a real pain that I won't want to deal with.

Terry, I'll post that video too, glad you liked it.

willy victor

Craig if you can't find one I think it would be fairly simple to make one. If you need measurements let me know.

Dan

Craig Arndt

Thanks a lot Dan. If you get a chance to let me know the size of that piece and thickness, I'll take you up on it.

The chain is working fine, but I had to use a smaller clevis pin to go through the chain. So the pin is a little small for the holes they have to go through. I am going to remedy that by putting two washers on either side, but while I am using the blade, I'll fab the part I need.

I may also just fab the lever handle too while I'm at it seeing that I haven't seen anything on ebay recently.

Just came back in from pushing 3" of heavy wet snow. Wow. That was a lot of fun. No chains or weights yet and I was able to push that big wet pile well off the driveway. This 48" is just too much fun!

willy victor

Craig I'm heading back to Mi. on Tuesday 4-8 if you still need measurements let me know, I'll take some pics of what I have.

Dan

Craig Arndt

Dan- I'm good thanks. I'm just going to keep using the chain. I picked up (8) grade 8 washers and put them on either side of the clevis pins that go through the holes on the implement hanger and the blade hanger. Its working perfectly now and nothing bends its perfect. I also bought a handle off of ebay that was new and now just need a little wire and a trigger to pull out the pin and I've got a blade I can pivot from the seat.

willy victor

Craig good to hear you're all set.

an

glenn27

Nothing wrong with being proud of what you have!! :thumbs:

i read all the W/H posts..(and a lot of others)

I know where there is a blade frame (everything but the blade itself) for a long frame tractor----I was going to see if you wanted me to check it out closer--but you took care of it yourself---

What I really dig, maybe it's just me , is fixing or repairing or fabbing up a piece that most 'normal' people would have trashed----

+++++

Then again--What is normal? :thumbs: