Jacobsen 1200

dennisleno07

The year I don't know

SUNP0001.jpg

SUNP0006.jpg

Rollerman

Dennis what is the story behind it. :thumbs:

Kelly

I had one like that mine was a 14hp sorry but I think they are ugly, heavy duty though, just like a Ford tube frame.

dennisleno07

well this is my dad's i want to restore it for him all i know is that it has a cast iron kohler 12. he thinks it has a blown head but i think who ever worked on it they didn't put the plug in tight burnt the plugwire. the deck has a osha tag on it that has a year of '74

here is a link to the rest of the pics

http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii159/d...eno07/Jacobsen/

pond195520032003

had a ford 100 a while back like it! :thumbs: some of these tractors has the oil pan built into the frame and some will unbolt from the frame with the engine :thumbs:

TT

This one should be just like the Ford LGT120 I had last year. Two rubber-mounted brackets that bolt to a shallow oil pan (with a bump on the bottom) and an "earless" block. I think mine was around a 1978. :thumbs:

pond195520032003

Dennis, i forgot where you are located :thumbs: buthe here is one (minus engine) in Crooksville Ohio on the columbus craigslist

http://columbus.craigslist.org/grd/616237071.html if your close enough :thumbs: might be able to get it reasonable :D

perry

i parted a jacobsen 1000 out last year. its a late 70's to early 80's. i still have some parts kicking around. i agree with kelly, they are ugly.

i liked my early 70's ford/jacobsen.

dennisleno07

i really don't like the style either but i want to restore it for my dad so he doesn't take my WH :D i would rather let him beat the Jac insted of my WH like he has already tryied :thumbs: :thumbs:

mrfixit82852

Should have the Peerless/Tecumseh 2300 series transaxle in it. Shaft drive from engine to a right angle gear box which then belt drives the Peerless.

Now if it was the 1250 it would have been a hydro. With the peerless/tecumseh 2500 series transaxle driven by the Eaton 11 hi/lo hydraulic pump. Now that is the system to have. Foot operated leaving hands free to operate hydraulic valves.

Still, Nice tractor to have, even if it is orange lol lol. but some nice blue paint would cover right over it lol lol

Good luck with it.

Joe