Sign in to follow this  
mikepitt

UK Members

mikepitt

Hi :thumbs:

I've just bought a C101 with 36" mower attachment to keep my Suburban 400 company whilst I get around to a rebuild. The C101 is in really good good condition, but I will need to replace blades, belts etc. There is a dealer close to me in Wiltshire, but I was wondering if it's worth sourcing parts from the States, presumably there much cheaper and more easily available.... Any thoughts

Regards - Mike

CasualObserver

Can't really answer your question, just wanted to say Hi, and :thumbs: Mike. Good to see ya over here! I would imagine though, that even if you can find the part cheaper over here in the states... the customs, duty and shipping charges would make it less economical. :thumbs:

wesley

Hi mike, yes the parts over in the states are cheaper even more so now with there $ so low, but its the post that kills it time that is paid and then our gov charge duty etc , you are better going to your dealer, unless you get a item that can be sent letter post then its a no no , even a free gift from the states now and you get charged gift tax, the only way round all of this , is for you to join lan the thingy and me and row over and get a load of spares, if we could get enough uk people together and bring over a container load of spares , then it only costs about

Stigian

Hiya Mike :P

Importing parts from the States could be a good idea if shipping in bulk.

The postage on smaller parts would be a killer.

You can find cheaper belts looking online :thumbs:

I use The Bearing Boys in Ashford Kent for cheap belts that fit and dont cost Toro prices

In sure the lad on this fine forum can help you out with size and rating info :thumbs:

Blades crop up on fleabay from time to time :D

Mith

Mike, hit bearingboys.com for belts and bearings, you wont find cheaper.

Blades arent too bad, you could buy some generic blades for less, Oregon make some I think. Try centralspares.co.uk but they are trade only, so you might have to persuade a dealer to buy for you. Most dealers will probably have an account with them.