Sign in to follow this  
Greg B.

Pony Bleeds Black

Greg B.

The ol' nag is beginnin' to stress me. She runs like a watch, mowed 1-1/4 acres and no hippo tracks, but now it's oil... :thumbs::thumbs: This K341 barfed out most of a quart, while I was mowing. There is oil and dust mud from the carb to past the points cover and from top to bottom of the engine. :P

It's gonna be a couple of days before I can get into this, so I was hoping that I might get some suggestions, warnings etc. Is this a characteristic of the breed, or have I possibly done something :imstupid: ?

I'm getting tired of HAVING to fall back on the green one because my pony is suffering from a new malady..... :D

Thanks Gang,

Greg B.

Sparky

Well lets see. Was the oil changed recently or was oil added recently. Maybe it was overfilled? Is it still runnin or has it died totally?

Mike.........

PS..I deleted your duplicate post

Greg B.

Mike,

Thanks for the deletion. Operator error!.

I always check the oil, on these things, before putting them to work. The stick said she was a little thirsty and it took a little over 1/2 pint to bring it to the mark. The engine was still running, when I shut her down and discovered the mess. I topped it off and ran it for a few minutes, at idle, before calling it a day.

Greg B

Kelly

Is this the first time working it this year? maybe a stuck ring letting comp. in the crank case. breather pluged? under the carb. the square plate. pull the dip stick and start it and see if lots of pressure coming out of the tube. clean it up change the oil and try again watch closer to see where it's coming from The fuel pump gasket leaking can make a mess. My 2 cents worth.

Greg B.

That's a helluva lot more than $0.02, Kelly! Thanks for the pointers.

I've been using it all winter, but this was the first serious work since last mowing season.

Greg B.