Sign in to follow this  
Smokey Blaze

GT2500 & LTD 242 Dump cart

Smokey Blaze

I recently purchased a GT2500 Anniversary Special from the original owner. My WH came equipped with a 42" RD deck, a 42" dozer / snow blade and a single stage snow blower. (Unfortunaltely I did not get the silver bar that came with the WH.) My father in law also gave me an old WH dump cart that I believe to be a LTD 242 or LTD 243. My sons and I wire brushed the cart, primed it and painted it Rustoleum Regal Red. It looks pretty good. My question is this. Does anyone have any pics of what the original tongue of this dump cart looked like. I now believe a previous owner of my dump cart may have butched the original tongue and I would like to return it to its original condition.

Any pics., etc. would be appreciated.

Matthew hurst

Put Hilltop lawn &garden in google when go to buy parts , toro consumer ,attechments,when go down till you find ltd242 or 243 in the serial number row.

rickv1957

Hello and :D Rick

Buzz

Don't have a picture but you can see a drawing and parts breakdown at:

https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?xCaller=Toro

Enter LTD-242 or LTD-243 to see what the tongue should look like. You could also compare the drawing and see if there is a noticeable difference between the two.

Lane Ranger

Here is a photo of the dump cart with the tongue:

102_7211.jpg

Here is a second photo with the new paint on it:

100_7831.jpg

Buzz

Here is a photo of the dump cart with the tongue:

You did a beautiful job restoring that cart :D but that is a different style than the LTD-242 and 243. They have the squared sides and the "boxy" look like this one Rick has: http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=13492

Oh Rick, we need a picture of your tongue :USA: , er I mean the wagon's tongue.

Smokey Blaze

Judging by the drawings, I believe my dump cart is a 1963 LDT-243. It appears the minor differences between the LTD-242 and LTD-243 are the wheel bearings and the shim. I now believe the tongue is original, although a little banged up.

Thanks for the help, GREAT site!!!!!