Sign in to follow this  
BPjunk

When Wild Bill goes Wheel Horse huntin'

BPjunk

He brings home a trophy mount!!!!

Before huntin' any Easter Eggs this weekend a quick Wheel Horse hunt in the Tide Water area of Virginia took place. I bagged a 1969 Raider 12 that came with a few good attachmnets. :thumbs:

1969 Raider 12

Two back mounted grader blades, one a Brinley and the other a unknown brand

A Wheel Horse mold baord plow

A rather rough looking areator, brand unknown

A neat looking gas can for displaying at shows, the can has a cast filler neck, lid and handle along with a brass tag of the manufacture.

I did the usual engine checks and poured some oil down the sprak plug hole as this engine had not been run in years, when gas was added the Kohler 12 hp started right up!!! :thumbs:

Bill in Richmond, Va.

Attached Image

post-3-1206312127.jpg

kj4kicks

Nice Find !!!

Sparky

Nice catch Bill...as usual :thumbs: . Those rear skins look huge!

Mike...........

pond195520032003

nice lookin raider there Bill :D as for the gas can, well i have had several of those type with the spring loaded cap/handle! still have a 1 gallon version :thumbs: i know the blade in front of the horse is a brinly, but the mounted one kinda looks like a brinly also :P :thumbs:

whchris

nice find! all i found today was a 61 b-100 with a brinley hitch and a thrown rod for $200

needless to say i passed it up but he did have a nice powerking with a loader for sale... he was asking too much and i already have 2 powerkings

sorekiwi

You b*stards buying all these tractors make me want to break my promise to not buy any more until the 502 and the RJ are finished!

and the B80 could use some loving at some point too.

Of course if I come across a stray round hood at a decent price, all bets are off...

and parts tractors dont count do they? :thumbs:

69DEZ

WOW!! :thumbs: nice find!! :thumbs: I guess I could make some more room in my garage. Let me know when you want to drop it off. :D

Kelly

Nice find Bill is that orig. paint? Can you let us now what you paid? so we have a idea of what these things are going for. That dash even looks good I love nice dashes they add to the look of a nice tractor.

perry

good huntin bill.

think you can bring me up one of those back blades thumbsup.gif

BPjunk

Nice catch Bill...as usual :thumbs: . Those rear skins look huge!

Mike...........

Welllll Mike ,

I like my Wheel Horses jus' the same way I like my women with huge ........... :thumbs:

Bill in Richmond, Va.

Attached Image

post-3-1206317565.jpg

refracman

Looks like ya had a fine outing today Bill. :thumbs:

T-Mo

Bill,

Nice hunting - and a very fine day indeed. You did real good on those attachments. :thumbs:

mailman

Big time green (or should that be RED) with envy. I want a Raider 12 SOOOOOOO badly! Nice job! :thumbs:

BPjunk

Nice find Bill is that orig. paint? Can you let us now what you paid? so we have a idea of what these things are going for. That dash even looks good I love nice dashes they add to the look of a nice tractor.

Kelly,

Yes the paint is original as are the decals, the Tide Water area of Virginia is right where the Chesapeke Bay and Atlantic Ocean met so mower decks get betten to death with the sandy soil and the salt air breeds rust. This Raider 12 was kept in a garage all it's life and had a caring owner.

As for pricing I always let the seller set the price, when I was e-mailed with the price of $400 the seller was then notified that the Raider would be picked up on Saturday morning! :thumbs::D:thumbs: I wanted a 1969 Raider 12 to match my Raider 10 for when the wife and I do parades at shows (i.e. matching tractors)

Bill in Richmond, Va.

Attached Image

post-3-1206318543.jpg

Greg B.

Good snag, Bill. That's a solid looking tactor.

Greg B.

GlenPettit

Now if that gas can was full of gas . . $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Kelly

Nice tractor, good price too, the newer brinly back blade brings $150-200 on ebay, even looks like it has the orig. ign. breakerless? even a orig. seat bummer it's torn. like the big ags.