jlangdon

516H with 36" tiller

jlangdon

First time caller, first time listener.

A brief intro. My father inherited a 516H when my grandpa passed away this winter. He was very excited to find a tiller and snow blower for his new machine. We were able to find a tiller on craigs list this spring. It is a much older model than the tractor, but have successfully got it mounted and have tilled plenty with it. I was recently informed that there should be a helper spring mounted between the tractor and the tiller to help lift. I have fabricated a square tubing frame and lifting arm that is mounted to the top of the tiller and the lifting arm comes up under your right arm (lever action). So you pull back on the factory lifting lever and push forward with my fabricated lifting lever. This works with minimal effort for me, but my 63 year old dad just can't do it. Any of your knowledge on this helper spring or other helpful modifications would be greatly appreciated. Pictures of the hookup would be great. Also, this tiller was restored when we bought it, now there is no visible model number. Is there any chance I will be able to figure this out now?

Thank you fellas!

Justin

tgranthamfd

Sounds like an interesting setup, give us a picture of the tiller, and I bet we can get you a close model number. And :D

rickv1957

Hello and :D Rick

jlangdon

I will post a picture as soon as I can. Tractor and tiller live an hour and a half away from me. Thank you for your interest and help guys!

Justin :D

jlangdon

I can tell you that this tiller has no side skirts and doesn't have the soil leveling hinged sheet metal in the back.

Justin :D

Kiss4aFrog

Would still be interested in seeing that picture if you get a chance,

littleredrider

Don't hold ur breath, its from 7 years ago!! 

gwest_ca

The parts page illustration for tiller model 07-36TL03 showing the 4629 spring.

Garry

Tiller lift assist spring 07-36TL03 SS.gif

WVHillbilly520H

Same as the single stage snow thrower helper spring, Jeff.

IMAG3047.jpg