Sign in to follow this  
dieselhorse

North Central Ohio Plow days

dieselhorse

There is an awsome plow days held in north central Ohio in early October each year, first weekend normaly, camping on site and sometimes we plow a bit in the dark on friday night. The full event is on Saturday with plowing normaly getting started around 9 to 10am or so. We usualy have 15-25 acres to work with depending if they get the beans off in time or if we end up in the wheat stubble. Hosted by a friend of mine thats into Cub Cadets, but all brands are welcome and we usualy have a few of each major brand there. Would be great to see some more Wheelhorse's this year. Mike

buckeye

where is this happening Mike?

big mike

The farm is located in West Independence Ohio.......where the HECK is that you say.It is east of Findlay and south of Fostoria.

buckeye

I'll have to check that one out, I'm only 7 miles south of Findlay.

dieselhorse

Hiya Big Mike, you still doing anything with Wheelhorses or you down to just cubs now? Here are a couple of pics from years past events. As you can see its very heavily cub cadet flavored, so we need to add a few more Horses to the event, we have had a couple Horses show up in the past. I believe thats Big Mike in the last shot. The event is also very family orientated. With kids plowing that are old enough to control the tractor and others riding on laps, although thats kind of frowned on for safety reasons. Cheers Mike and Michele T

plowing.jpg

jeffsotherdaughter.jpg

jess.jpg

000_1832.jpg

dieselhorse

More pics, just in a pic posting mood tonight!! Last pic is of me on my 782 that I owned at that time. The event is like a huge family reunion each year, many of use talk online and only see each other at this event and maybe a couple others. Weather can run from cold and very windy to summer heat and humidity. There is room in the huge machinery shed to store all the tractors indoors during Friday night for those arriving on Friday. There is food, folks are welcome to bring a dish or something to share. If you have parts/stuff to sell, bring it along to. From whole tractors to little pieces. Hope to see a few of you there. Mike and Michele T

000_1833-1.jpg

000_1839-1.jpg

geezer.jpg

plowingpic.jpg