Sign in to follow this  
navkram

hello from indiana

navkram

hello,

i have recently got bit by horse fever. I an say that I am new to WH and now I have added 2 horses to I gues it is considered a collection now that I have more than 1.

I have a 551 that only needs a carb and throttle and choke cables hooked up. I need some help with pictures if anyone has one of these of the correct carb and cable routing. it has a lauson HH55D - 2113 engine, by looking I think this is the correct engine, but correct me if I am wrong. I will get pictures of this one.

second I have a 66 lawn ranger l-156 that I just got running and have been using it to play...errrr work in the yard. need to clean tank again. picked this one up 2 weeks ago and it had not ran in quit a few years, cleaned the old gas,sludge, mud rust etc. from the card and tank and it started, I think more came loose in the tank again since it will run for a bit and then die. let it sit for a minute and will start up again so I think that it is starving for fuel.

2010-05-14%2018.29.41.jpg

2010-05-14%2018.29.24.jpg

MArk

rickv1957

Hello and :D Nice tractor!,Rick

Suburban 550

:USA: Mark. Nice Lawn Ranger. :D

dieselhorse

Howdy fellow Hoosier! Where bouts in Indiana are you? My wife and I live up in Kokomo. I am working on buying a horse, I have a couple different Horse's in the past however. I work at the local Cub Cadet/Hustler/Toro dealership as a mechanic. Cheers Mike and Michele T

mavfreak

:D

navkram

I am Located in Northern indiana in New Paris

dieselhorse

Awsome! There are several good lawn and garden tractor events around here you can attend. There is a show over near Rochester for garden tractors held during the summer time, its right along US31, very easy to find. Then in August we have a show just south of me in Tipton that is featuring garden tractors this year. If you get into the field plowing, there is an awsome event the first weekend in October over in West Independance, Ohio where we plow 15-25 acres with nothing but garden tractors of many colors. There are many more events as well, those are just some of the highlights. Along with those events, my wife and I go over to the huge Portland Indiana Tri state gas/power show, the swap meet is so huge and the weather is usualy super hot and humid that you need a small tractor like your lawn ranger, along with the trailer for hauling finds and the spouse in. My wife and I walked it last year and only got about half of it done before the heat got to us and we headed home. If you need technical help feel free to PM me, I work for a Cub Cadet/Hustler/Toro dealership as a mechanic, I am always willing to lend a helping hand getting old iron running again. Cheers and welcome to RS!

Sparky

:USA:

Looks like its time to get a deck for one of yer Wheel Horses, the grass is almost taller than the front tires on the Ranger :D !

Mike..........

JimD

VinsRJ

MikesRJ

Duff

:USA: !

Glad you found us!

Duff :D

hcminis

Glad to see another Hoosier on here.

W9JAB
Matorhorse002-1-1.jpg

Indy w h

:D fellow Hoosier!!!

Indy

gwgdog66

navkram

thanks for all the welcome

MArk

Rollerman

Mark welcome to RS.

I'm just down the road from you in Millersburg.

Are you going to be scouting for more Horses in tomorrows garage sales?

rustynut

i live my ol rushavile

Ole MN

navkram

stephen

nothing I saw at the garage sales.... but I tried to stay out of town what a mess with the railroad closed.........

whfan74

:D :USA:

Glad to have you aboard and not too far away. Have some family up there in New Paris. Feel free to message any time. Wish I could help you with the carb and choke/throttle questions.

Feel free to stop by anytime.

fabricator2009

:D Myself and a friend put on a show in Mentone in September each year. Would love to to have you bring your horses. This year its Sep. 18-19. Any questions feel free to pm me. Thanks Ken.

fabricator2009

:D Sorry for the misprint. The sep. show is on the 17-18 instead of the 18-19.

navkram

thanks I will put the mentone show on my calendar......