Sign in to follow this  
catman81056

New Ags sure look smaller

catman81056

Maybe its the new painted rims but they look alot smaller. I took off 26X12X12, I know the ags are 3" shorter. What rim size should be used with the 23x10.5x12? These rims are 10.5" wide, could that be it?

DSCF0421-1.jpg

DSCF0507.jpg

T-Mo

They are definitely smaller than the 26". It could be that you're remembering how it look with the 26 inch tires, so the 23 inch will look a lot smaller. Also, some brands, the ag's tires are smaller than other brands.

Greg B.

Just my $0.02, Tim, but that sure looks like a lot of room in that fender..... :thumbs: Nice tractor, though. Wish my C was a D.

Greg B.

Sparky

I thought 10.5 tires were meant for 8.5" rims. The standard rim on most "C" series tractors were 7".

Mike.............

.5racer

A 23 x 10.5 x 12 to replace a 26 x 12 x 12 ,,, tooo mant number difs . 23 to 26 is three inch dif ,and 10.5 to 12 is a side demintion that will make the side walls shorter .Does it look like lowrider ag`s?

kpinnc

Can't speak for the lower limit, but the upper limit on rim width should be this:

7 inch rim- max 8.50 tire width

8.5 inch rim- max 10.50 tire width

10.5 inch rim- 12 inch tire width

Kevin

hoosier

They kinda look like the Duro brand. Their 23- 10.5-12 runs on the small side compared to other brands, as Terry stated some do.

catman81056

I used to change tires on my motorcycle so often that it took about 20 min from the time I grabbed the tools to riding down the road. Just putting these 4 tires on the rims took 4.5hrs plus!!!! The ags were so distorted and the beads so narrow that I almost gave up. lucky my oldest son stopped by, it took both of use to get them to take air. I thought the hard part was done, NOT, the fronts were nice and round but the rims were were so wide I finally did give up and bought tubes, (the son left after the rears).

I can tell right now that this old fatman is going to be sore in the morning.

baerpath

Not just shorter but narrower makes big differance Hows the speed with the little tires and the stability ?

Duane

catman81056

I haven't really took it for a spin yet but they are a full 10.5" wide on those rims so I didn't loose alot as far as stability,(I think :thumbs: ) The smaller dia. should up the power alittle.

baerpath

Might loose a little in the traction/ flotation area too

Brrly1

Just a guess, you take off 26x12x12's then you should replace with the same size 26x12x12's. Firestone makes a real nice set

DSC02350-1-1.jpg

Nick

Tim,

I changed a C-195 from 27x8.5-15 to Titan 26x12-12. That might show as only 1" by the size but it was a lot more than that in true mounted diameter. :thumbs:

tires.jpg

catman81056

Well maybe on down the line I'll check into some 26X12 ags, but for now I'm pretty sure these will do. Live and learn, that's what lifes about :thumbs:

bustedglass

That "D" of yours looks my little B211, with those new MINI-MEATS on the back :thumbs: . Just my 2 cents - I would change them for some serious traction mats, if it was my tractor . But, just my 2 cents...............

.5racer

Those are liquid filled too !! He sure got a lot of stuff for the D's come on sale. Most are pick up only though . Kinda far for me ..

catman81056

I was just at his place a few weeks ago picking up a plow. He had 5 of those D tractors on a trialer in his driveway. 184 miles one way.

I'll just stick with the tires I have for now, I don't really see where I'm going to loose a whole lot of traction going from the 12" turfs to the 10.5" ags. They look small but I think they'll work fine for now.

Curmudgeon

"A 23 x 10.5 x 12 to replace a 26 x 12 x 12 ,,, tooo mant number difs . 23 to 26 is three inch dif ,and 10.5 to 12 is a side demintion that will make the side walls shorter."

Going to disagree with this statement. The narrower tire may add to the tire looking mighty little, but 23" tall is 23" tall and a 12" rim is a 12" rim. That leaves 9" total inches of sidewall, 4.5" on tope, and 4.5" on the bottom. It's not like a car tire with 70% or 80% ratio. Inches are inches, no ratios on garden tractor tires.

That said, look at various specs for tires, and a "23"" can be anything from 22" to 24" depending on brand, type and model.

Craig Arndt

I was just at his place a few weeks ago picking up a plow. He had 5 of those D tractors on a trialer in his driveway. 184 miles one way.

I'll just stick with the tires I have for now, I don't really see where I'm going to loose a whole lot of traction going from the 12" turfs to the 10.5" ags. They look small but I think they'll work fine for now.

I definitely wouldn't change them. You won't lose anything, that you'll notice anyway. Maybe your speed will be down but you'll have more low end pull. So, that is probably what you want anyway.

I'd only change it if it was a noticeable problem, losing air, tippy, etc. Work them, burn them up and then replace when necessary. Doesn't look bad, its a Wheel Horse aint it!!?

Curmudgeon

Ground clearance was lost. Depends on actual usage how much that will affect things.

Any under body attachment might not fit quite as well.

Any change in tire size always affects other aspects, it's all in what you need. Never heard of anyone going smaller before, it's usually like me, bigger, fatter, taller....... LOL