Sign in to follow this  
PetesPonies

wow again !!!

PetesPonies

well after the ebay 702 I posted earlier this past week . .now this. I went to my property in SC. So I took a drive to see what I could find as far as small engine/tractor shops. I came across one and went in. There is the back of the showroom wa a Wheel Horse tractor. It was an 856. It had the light package and looked totally original. The owner of the shop said the old guy he got it from bought it new. It had 3 flat tires, 2 of them split. It hadn't been started in about 5 years he said. It looked very complete, no rust to speak of, but didn't look good. I asked what he wanted for it . . . . . .. " Oh, I'll take $3000 for it if you want it". He was serious too !!!!!

T-Mo

I hope you smiled big when you turned around and left. I guess he'll be holding that one for awhile. It's amazing what some people think THEIR stuff is worth. :imstupid:

TT

I would have been headed to Wal*Mart to buy some new underwear....

'cause I would have CRAPPED myself from laughing so hard ! :thumbs::D :thumbs:

kpinnc

Down south fellas, just like I said before. People think they have gold filled tires or something! :thumbs:

Kevin

• Like 1

mikewilliams68

I would say that was his way of telling you it's not for sale...

traktorkidd7/30/93

i would have went to walmart and bought underwear and pant beacuse i would have ruined my pants too

and i would have asked him i think you should take off one of those 0s

nylyon

It was probably his way of saying not for sale.... My 416-H is the same way, if anyone wants to give me what I paid, it's theirs :thumbs:

CasualObserver

Karl, that's a little different though. Your tractor was $xxxx thousand dollars new... that 856 sure wasn't $3000 new!