Sign in to follow this  
RADMAN521

Manifold under D-200

RADMAN521

I was wondering what are the sizes of the o-rings between the manifold and the hydro pump? :ychain: Also, I look at the hydro manual and it has 4 allen head bolts going into the bottom of the pump to hold the manifold. Are these just for ease of removal or some other purpose? :thanks: Mine had regular bolts in it.

Just an additional update to the hydro problems I was having.

I replaced the pump with one a got from E#@y I removed the bad pump put in the newly acquired pump and crossed my fingers. I started the motor to check to see if the pump was charging and it WORKED! BUT :D --- I did not check to see if the two 1/4" pipe plugs were in the back of the pump :D soooo :wwp: once the pump started charging ---- oil came out (onto the floor of course) :rant2: I was still excited too see that it was charging ANYWAY. :wh:

THEN I PUT IN THE PLUGS :USA:

rickv1957

The O rings are special size with the little square ones on top,I get the OEM at dealer although there could be aftermarket that fits,dont think the bolts have to be allen head but one has seal washer,Rick

pfrederi

The O rings are 1/16th inch dcross section but are a larger sizes than is included in most sets or at the hardware store. Unless you have a really cheap source for odd size O rings Toro is best bet (I looked at McMasters found the round ones but had to buy 100 and there are two sizes needed...so too much $$$). Same with the 2 rectangular profile rings you need.

I think Ricky was thinking about the hydro motor end when he mentioned the sealing washer...There isn't one on the pump end.

rickv1957

I think Ricky was thinking about the hydro motor end when he mentioned the sealing washer...There isn't one on the pump end.

Paul,I stand corrected! :D:USA: Rick

RADMAN521

What rectangular ones are you refering to? :USA: Do you mean there is a rectangular washer (gasket) between the manifold and the bottom of the pump?

This is about the sixth time that I have been messing with the transaxle and manifold, but it is the first time I have been underneath the pump. :D

rickv1957

There is the O rings then on the 2 pressure ports an additional small square O ring that sets on top of the round O rings,I think this is true for both ends of manifold,Rick

Rideawaysenior

Rick is right. THere are two o rings per vessel on the pressure side. One square and one round. They are stacked on atop the other. If you don't set them up right, your pump will discharge all the oil onto the floor.

wh79d160

I got all the o-rings for mine but haven't put it back together yet. I just replaced them all, valve , manifolds & new hoses. I also replaced the seals (front & side ) on the hydro. ( I'll list the CR #'s one or these days incase anyone wants them)) Just got tired of leaks. It was 60 degrees in the shop when I tore it apart. Now it's over 100. I'm pacing myself now. It sucks not having it to use, but I have others, they are just not red. Tom , Perry Ks.

RADMAN521

Its all back together and not a leak. I used Orings from a small kit I purchased at the hardware store. I used a drop of High temp RTV to keep the orings in place let dry for a night, till I put the manifold under the pump and tightened everything down. She works just like she used too. :thumbs:

Thanks to everyone who helped with their advice.

:D

rickv1957

Its all back together and not a leak. I used Orings from a small kit I purchased at the hardware store. I used a drop of High temp RTV to keep the orings in place let dry for a night, till I put the manifold under the pump and tightened everything down. She works just like she used too. :thumbs:

Thanks to everyone who helped with their advice.

:D

Sounds great!you will have to let us know how them o-rings hold up, :D Rick