Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

Why is this guy so gloom?

T-Mo

Jason sent me a pdf of his '86 brochure and as I was looking through it, one thing I noticed. Why is everyone in it so glum, with a sour look on their face. Noticed the guy in this picture:

Clipboard01.jpg

Hmm, is it because he doesn't like mowing? Or is it because he's afraid to get grass clippings on those nice shoes. It seem like in these brochures they're wearing dress pants, dress shoes and all have frowns on their faces.

kpinnc

Personally, I think he just realized that those socks are gonna show in the photo... :thumbs:

Kevin

T-Mo

Or this one:

Clipboard02.jpg

How's the hat on this guy:

Clipboard03.jpg

kj4kicks

Guys, it's so easy.....

They all realized that they forgot to order the cup (beer) holder !

kpinnc

Or they are mad about having to get a new toy dirty...

Kevin

nylyon

That's not a glum look, they're ticked off! They are all looking at the right front tire there's something on there. Those of you with dogs know what I mean, you know, that stuff that sticks on the tire and you try turning the wheel when it's on the grass to get it off.... And you hope it doesn't fling back at ya..... Ok, I'll stop now... :thumbs:

combatmp29r

Terry I think they're ticked off because they all had to share the same pair of pants :thumbs: :thumbs:

curly

Guys I beleive it is the nicest thing they have set their gloomy butts on and the big Red Machine is beyond their normal concentration, so they sat there in amazement trying to listen to the humm of wonders. :thumbs::thumbs:

Curly in Kaintuckee

Rollerman

I heard some of the 17HP twinns had some oil related issues....maybe there listening for the rod knock? :thumbs:

kj4kicks

The first guy, because he's also wearing Cub Cadet tan and JD green.... :thumbs:

TT

Or could it just be the fact that they all pulled their pants up SO HIGH, that getting on the tractors gave them all BIG WEDGIES? :thumbs:

Now they're starting to fill up with air because none can get out. :thumbs:

T-Mo

:thumbs: I don't which is funnier - all these indicate that you guys are sharp and full of a sense of humor. I don't think I could have added a funnier comment than the ones here. :thumbs:

BPjunk

OK OK ,

I will give you guys the inside scoop on these advertising pictures :P , now you know that Wheel Horse did use regular people for pictures in their ads ..... and the fact is ... well all these guys just bought a new Cub Cadet the day before they test drove the Wheel Horse! :thumbs::D:thumbs:

Bill in Richmond, Va.

hoosier

Not only did they have to share the same pair of pants, but the 'shoes' for gosh sakes. :thumbs:

kpinnc

well all these guys just bought a new Cub Cadet the day before they test drove the Wheel Horse!

Now that may be true Bill! :thumbs:

Kevin

charger10us

:thumbs: :D:P:P:D:thumbs: I think if they all had cowboy boots on they would be smilling from ear to ear!!! :D :P

T-Mo

Somehow, I think corporate America thinks, or at least used to think, that suburbanites must do lawn care dress like that. I remember a brochure, I think it might have been JDs, where a guy was doing FEL work dress like he just go home from the office, complete with white button-down shirt, dress slacks, dress shoes. I don't know about you guys, but I wear work boots, blue jeans, and a T-shirt when I'm doing lawn care. Oh yeah, and a baseball cap of my choosing.

CasualObserver

At least those all look like real shots... the one's in the 68 brochure Literature Gallery look like they were mostly photo-shopped together. On the Raider 12... How'd he get that blade full of dirt? :thumbs: There's no tracks behind him. And well.. the mowing shots.... don't have any mowing done! :D And what do you know... most of them are also looking at that front right wheel! :P

How about this 875 Wheel-a-matic ad? This guy's mowing with no PTO Clutch?

875noclutch.jpg

p.s. the front right wheel thing is for watching the mowing line in case anyone hasn't caught on! :thumbs:

Jim_M

At least those all look like real shots... the one's in the 68 brochure Literature Gallery look like they were mostly photo-shopped together. On the Raider 12... How'd he get that blade full of dirt? :thumbs: There's no tracks behind him. And well.. the mowing shots.... don't have any mowing done! :D And what do you know... most of them are also looking at that front right wheel! :P

How about this 875 Wheel-a-matic ad? This guy's mowing with no PTO Clutch?

875noclutch.jpg

p.s. the front right wheel thing is for watching the mowing line in case anyone hasn't caught on! :thumbs:

I think it may have just fallen off. He's staring at the crankshaft with a concerned look on his face.

Actually the 875 doesn't have a pto clutch, but it is missing some pulleys and a belt to the deck.

TT

Actually -- if you want to get real picky -- the tractor in that picture is a 1076 or 1276. :thumbs:

(but it's still missing the PTO-6 kit, either way. :thumbs: )

WheelHorse_of_course

Maybe they are concerned about the Toro takeover and are worried they may lose their jobs :thumbs:

Rod(NASNUT)

:D They were told that after the shoot they could not keep the tractor :thumbs: [somehow, I think corporate America thinks, or at least used to think, that suburbanites must do lawn care dress like that. I remember a brochure, I think it might have been JDs, where a guy was doing FEL work dress like he just go home from the office, complete with white button-down shirt, dress slacks, dress shoes. I don't know about you guys, but I wear work boots, blue jeans, and a T-shirt when I'm doing lawn care. Oh yeah, and a baseball cap of my choosing] I wear work boots, blue jeans, and a T-shirt when I am a work also :thumbs:

Craig Arndt

Darn good thing that they made better tractors than ads. :thumbs: