Sign in to follow this  
groh_brian

raider as a puller?

groh_brian

Does anyone know if the raider series tractors with the 6 speed are any good for pulling or should I find an 8 speed?

Thanks, Brian.

KeithB

change it to 8 speed 8 pinion

groh_brian

I am new to this and was wondering which tractors had the 8 speed 8 pinion?

rickv1957

The newer tractors had the 8 speed mid 70s and up,Rick

Raider12puller

I am new to this and was wondering which tractors had the 8 speed 8 pinion?

most of your c-series, B80 and B100, 400 and 500 series.

chris11

im not to sure you will ever use the low gears for pulling. i think a 3 speed would be fine.

groh_brian

I know it all depends on track conditions and weight class, but what gear do you guys pull in?

Bill

I know it all depends on track conditions and weight class, but what gear do you guys pull in?

We pull a stone Boat in our club and with my wheel horse running in the 1200 lbs class I always use first gear high range up until the weight gets around 2700 lbs, after that I go into Third gear low range, for the most part.. But you still have to watch the track I don't know what the guys pulling a sled use

mavfreak

i don't pull but i did switch over my commando 800 to an 8 speed, best thing i ever did much much more versatile. i broke the original 4 speed and no problems as of yet

MRM

I will use hi range up to 2500- 3000 lbs and then start with low range 4500-6000lbs

1st low.

baerpath

Not sure where your from but the Raider will be fine to start with.

Just remember it has a weak transmission. My son started with a Raider 12, we trashed to 10 pinion trannies in it one weekend and then put an 8 pinion in it.

We usually use 2nd and 3rd high for pulling.

Duane

Jim_M

My puller started life as a Raider 12. It has an 8 speed in it now from a later model 300 series.

untitled34.jpg

Polaris2007

Okay what am I missing here??? The raider's 6-speed IS an 8-speed. I have a 1970 Raider 10 that says 6-speed on the side, but it is the same transmission as my c-101 has......1 1/8" axles, hi and lo range, 3 forward gears and one reverse. I assumed that back then they called it "6-speed" because they didn't count the two reverse speeds. Please enlighten me here.......... :thumbs:

baerpath

Okay what am I missing here??? The raider's 6-speed IS an 8-speed. I have a 1970 Raider 10 that says 6-speed on the side, but it is the same transmission as my c-101 has......1 1/8" axles, hi and lo range, 3 forward gears and one reverse. I assumed that back then they called it "6-speed" because they didn't count the two reverse speeds. Please enlighten me here.......... :thumbs:

Nope there not the same trans.

The Raider would be a 10 pinion and the 101 would be a 8 pinion. The 8 solid pinion is a lot stronger than a hollow ten pinion is. Also theres the 4 pinion from the 300 series and the Work Horse line (All had 1 inch axles so easy to check)

Duane

Polaris2007

Thanks for the info. So then it IS posible to have 1 1/8" axles, and 10 pinions? I think that is what my '70 Raider 10 must have?

qd-16

Yes. it is possible to have the larger axles and 10 pinions.