Suburban 550

No Wonder Why It Wouldn't Run

scifi4all

Ethanol!!! :D

The first time I heard of any issues was at the local hardware store that also sells and services Stihl chainsaws, Stihl had informed them that ethanol was causing problems. It attracts water in the fuel and works great as a cleaner. It seems to be more of a problem with fuel that sits, especially in smaller engines. I don't think their is as much of a problem in automobiles.

I mentioned this to my wifes uncle and we started looking for local gas stations that do not sell ethanol fuel.

Everything was going great until he mentioned that he was having a problem with his well serviced motocycle, I think it was from 1986. He thought that he was leaking fuel and wanted me to look at it while he started it. :USA: Before he got a chance to turn the key I noticed fuel running out of the overflow tubes from both carb's. Called his bike mechanic, explained the issue and his immediate response was ETHANOL in the fuel!

It seems my wife's uncle had started using fuel without ethanol in everything but his motorcycle , which was not getting run as often. Once it was repaired it ran fine.

Don1977

Back in the 50's when I was a kid you could get gas on your hand

hold it up to the air for 30 seconds or so and it would be complete dry. Now when you get it on your hand you have to go wash the greasy mess off.

Save Old Iron

HORSEFEATHERS! P.S. Old Iron, That salami spaceship is ready for inner gastrointestinal space travel!

Yep - bet It drops out of warp speed somewhere in the orbit of Uranus.

I know . I know :D :USA:

• Like 1

linen beige

Do the Klingons slow it down or speed it up? :D

horsefeathers

Did I tell you all that I love this place? You guys are too much!

That salami spaceship is just matter, and all matter can not be created or destroyed just change it's molecular structure!

Sooo... Molecular srtucture happens! :D HORSEFEATHERS!

stevasaurus

Scotty...give me warp 2, but beam me up first. :D

Coadster32

No No No...light speed is too slow. We'll have to go right to...Ludicris speed!

(Jason will understand) :D

• Like 1

linen beige

Whatever you do, don't go to plaid.

The Toolman

Whatever you do, don't go to plaid.

Don't ever play that part again..... :USA:

horsefeathers

Take me away salami spaceship through the black hole and over the abyss into that spinning world of... flush! Where do we go from here? I'll guess directly into that carb float bowl that looks like Molecular restructure! :D HORSEFEATHERS!

papaglide

May I be the first to say that the Enterprise looked really, REALLY, DELICIOUS!!

I couple cold cans of ethanol, some extra sharp cheddar, crackers, and The Enterprise and I would be friggin' set!!!!

MAN!! :D :USA:

stevasaurus

Enterprise-crew-lineup.jpg

:D

Captain-Kirk-needs-exlax.jpg

:USA:

W9JAB

Scotty, there's no intelligent life here, beam me up!

Save Old Iron

Attached Image

post-61-1274481342.jpg

MikesRJ
:D Reply to SOI :

stevasaurus

MAKE IT SO. :D

horsefeathers

Sorry ,We got :D there, but I like the salami starship!

And in the Time Space continuum: Rember "Time wounds all heels!"

Errrr..... is that "Time heals all wounds? I forget!

:USA: HORSEFEATHERS! P.S. Old Iron,Put that dueling pistol down and keep the good stuff comming your wounds will heal!

JimD

A closer, more in depth inspection revealed the source of the deposits in Ray's carb bowl......

powerrangerpoopin.jpg

Molecular Structure.... Happening

horsefeathers

Formerly Fan, Luv that Muttly avatar! I certianly hope thats a Wheel Horse manual that I-bot is readin'!

Molecular Structure Happening For Sure!That salami starship will keep a guy going, and going! To the outer reaches of the inner mind! (This Molecular Structure is getting deep!) :D HORSEFEATHERS!

HorseFixer

Just don't sprinkle that stuff in Rays carburetor on the Star Ship! :D

rickv1957

Great thread here!!! :USA::D Rick

linen beige

Different parts of the country MUST have different blends of additives in their fuels.

In mid 2005 I bought a D-160. The day after I hauled it home I filled the fuel tank. I've put less than five hours of run time on it since.

Friday afternoon I hooked a battery charger to it while I reseated the bead on a flat rear tire (about an hour and a half due to a flash rain storm) and fired it up for the first time since last summer. Loaded it on my truck and moved it to my new house. I unloaded it and parked it out back. That was with the five year old gas in the tank.

Come to think of it, it's not at all uncommon for me to run things with year or more old fuel, with no problems. :D

Buzz

Different parts of the country MUST have different blends of additives in their fuels.

Come to think of it, it's not at all uncommon for me to run things with year or more old fuel, with no problems. :USA:

Jim, you aren't filling your gas cans with moonshine by mistake are you? :wh: Some of it would start an engine without pistons.......... Wouldn't know personally, that's what the big boys told me.. :D

oldandred

Come to think of it, it's not at all uncommon for me to run things with year or more old fuel, with no problems.

linen beige

After all Buzz, it IS methanol. :D