Sign in to follow this  
PetesPonies

wow !!!

TT

I'll bet that guy is gonna be laughing all the way to the bank! :thumbs:

That was just another example of someone buying a shiny paint job. :thumbs:

wowwie.jpg

PetesPonies

I was interested in that Tractor, but the price got crazy . . and no attachments. I was willing to pay some decent money, but that is absurd isn't it? Or do I not know the market well enough?

TT

but that is absurd isn't it?

Yeah -- you pretty much nailed it! :thumbs:

You should be able to buy 3 "runners" for that money. (minus the shiny paint jobs :thumbs: )

kj4kicks

...and there it is guys....

The difference between a paint job and a pair of tires, and a restoration. Most people don't know the difference......

Guess the C-160 should be worth about $2800 then :thumbs:

TT

I think it was the "Cub Cadet" rear tires, the HUGE silver muffler, and the red painted lug bolts that did it. :thumbs:

T-Mo

I seen tractors go for a lot more. I've seen a nice JD rf 110 go for twice that much. It's amazing how much people are willing to pay for shiny paint and a 40 year plus tractor. :imstupid:

Rollerman

Sadly this is getting more widespread with all makes.

It's not as easy anymore to find a tractor bargain on ebay like it used to be."IMOP"

I find it better to try and find the sellers who don't know about ebay...that about 1 in 1000 now. :thumbs:

Whats worse is when you look at an item or tractor & the seller wants what he beleives it's worth on ebay since he seen one sell on there before for this or that amount... :thumbs:

CasualObserver

:thumbs:

Whats worse is when you look at an item or tractor & the seller wants what he beleives it's worth on ebay since he seen one sell on there before for this or that amount... :thumbs:

I'm with you there Stephen, I can't tell you how many deals I've tried to get and the word ebay.gif gets brought out! "Well, I saw one just like this sell on ebay.gif just last week for $xxx.xx... "

Like I've said on other boards, when people say... What's it worth?....Simple. It's what you did or will pay for it. It's not just the tractor that plays into it's value... it's Location, availability, condition, how motivated either the buyer or seller is.... sometimes... it's just how bad do you really want it? It's hard to place an arbitrary value at any given time. It's all in what it's worth to you at that moment! Just my twocents.gif

CasualObserver

noball.gif

Eeek...this is just to get me past that 666 post count! :thumbs:

curly

Guys I have bought and sold Collectibles--especially Nascar and Sports and price guides are really a joke. You are so right anything we have for sale is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay. Photos can be very deceiving on anything--heck even myself maybe a little paint and powder might help me. :thumbs: But I have learned fellows everything has a price. :thumbs:

Have a nice evening and keep up the good words Terry. LOL

Curly in Kaintuckee

TT

noball.gif

Eeek...this is just to get me past that 666 post count! :thumbs:

:thumbs:

Don't let that number bother you, Jason....

The wife & I were married on June 6th, 2006 -- and it don't scare us! :D :P

CasualObserver

:P :thumbs: I'm not really that superstitious either... I got married on a 13th... so every now and then it's GONNA be a Friday the 13th! :D:thumbs:

... and now....backtotopic.gif I hope both the buyer and the seller in that deal above are happy at the end. Because when it's all said and done... that's what really matters. :D