Sign in to follow this  
Country Cadillac

D-160 with bad vibration

Country Cadillac

Hello folks....well I had this vibration start a while back and I think it may have started after I found some of the motor mount bolts loose and retightened them...but I'm not sure if there is any movement in those mounting bolts or not. Could that have thrown the alignment between the hydrostatic trany and the motor out enough to cause such a vibtration or does the coupler usually take care of some miss alignment between the two ? :D There is also a oil leak that started about the same time. Is there a way to check the alignment between the two shafts of the tranny and motor ? I do know it is not getting any better and hope someone may have some info on what to try. Thanks for your time and help ..........................Ray

rickv1957

Do you have the Onan or Kohler,Rick

Country Cadillac

Hello Rick....mine is an Onan.....

rickv1957

If your engine has an oil leak at crankshaft seal,it may also have a crank bearing going bad causing your vibration,Rick

.5racer

Does the vibration change with the rpm of the motor or a constant as the rpm's change.. Worse at idle or full throttle .

Country Cadillac

Goodmornin guys.... the vibration increases as the enging speed increases..... thanks ..........Ray

Country Cadillac

Thanks for responding .....so you think that the problem is internal rather than an alignment problem, is that correct ? .............Ray