Sign in to follow this  
wfopete

Help on Poking around a B&S

wfopete

Yup, fresh gaskets and torqued to spec. She fired right up. Sounds pretty good too. Trouble is I'm having problems getting the throttle/gov/choke set up correctly. Typicaly I take and proof digital pictures of that stuff but this time the camera didn't get a good look, plus I'm not sure I have all the linkage.

Stupid rookie mistake! :D

All I have is one linkage rod and one spring (for the govenor). I fussed with this set up for a couple of hours last night but now I suspect I'm missing another rod or spring or both. I've checked the B&S stuff online but they don't show my perticular set up.

Anyone have a picture of thier C-111 linkage? Heck, I'll settle for a hand drawing with crayons even.

wfopete

Well, kind of a bittersweet situation here. The old Briggs runs again but still exhibits the original stalling condition after about 15 minutes of run time.

:D Weird. :USA:

I checked and double checked the float height and rebuilt the carburetor with a B&S kit. I was starting to think this might be an ignition problem but strangely enough I can get the motor to run all day with the choke disconnected allowing the choke valve/plate to operate in kind of a default mode. It

rick

Sounds like you whipped the compression problem for sure!

wfopete

Yeah, now that it runs I really have problems! :D