Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Load Ranger 3 point project start

Nick

After Kevins 3pt testing pictures and now Tims box blade I couldnt resist tearing into the LR. Ive only taken some parts off for now but I feel a plan coming together. :thumbs: Although I do tend to build as I go so plans often change several times before Im done with a project. :thumbs:

Nick

Been near 2 years since the LR has been apart so I got a few pictures.

th_starting005.jpg

th_starting003.jpg

th_starting002.jpg

th_starting001.jpg

combatmp29r

Looks like your off to a good start Nick. :D After 3 years did all come apart easy, or did it give you fits? :thumbs: I have a :thumbs: question too. Since its in the shop already do you think you could get a pic or two of how you mounted the front of the loader subframe to the tractor? Thanks

CasualObserver

That's gonna be cool to watch as it comes along. Looking forward to it! :thumbs:

Nick

Joel,

Wasnt to bad taking it apart. Only had 2 small bolts plus a large one through the trans to hold the weight frame/roll bar on. Kind of hate to pull the subframe and pump off also but it might be best.

Nothing fancy on the front subframe mount just a couple plates that bolt to the frame. Most loaders just mount in the mid hitch.

th_frame3.jpg

Oh and Jason, nice picture of Dark Helmet. Yea I saw it at the theater. :thumbs: Just saw the other day John Candy died clear back in 94. Time flies I guess. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M32wTjksZs

Nick

kpinnc

I can't wait to see what you come up with Nick!

That is one meaty looking Ranger! :thumbs:

Kevin

kj4kicks

Sounds like fun Nick !

Fabrication is way cool !!

catman81056

You've taken the first step, now the brain storm'n begins :thumbs:

Just remember, :thumbs:

combatmp29r

Thanks Nick :thumbs: I was thinking about doing the same, but bolting it through the mid mount holes on the V18. Wasn't sure how others were done. I'm with everyone else can't wait to see this project as it progresses :thumbs:

Greg B.

Glad it came apart well for ya, Nick. It's neat how you can sit there and envision just about how everything should look and go together. And there won't be another one, exactly like it, anywhere on the planet.

Greg B.

Nick

The Load Ranger may never be the same but it is to late to turn back now. :thumbs:

th_teardown001.jpgth_teardown003.jpgth_teardown002.jpg

TT

Not quite in as many pieces as Steve's 753 or the 854 on ebay. (I know..... you aren't done yet. :D)

Think of all those "little" things you forgot to do when you were building it, or the stuff you wanted to change. :thumbs: ....... Now's your chance to make it exactly the way you want it -- again. :P

I'm watching this one close, Nick. I saw it "live and in person" at the WHCC show in '06 and was very impressed. :thumbs:

Nick

Good point Terry. Im trying not to rush the project so I can modify, reinforce and replace a few other things while its down. Little warmer weather wouldnt hurt especially when it comes time to bug bomb some paint on her.

Bit of testing while building. :thumbs:

building002-1.jpg

kpinnc

Nick, sure looks good so far!

Kevin

Nick

Just a little idea testing with 120psi of air. :thumbs: Will make a few improvements and start on the hydraulics.

th_load3point1.jpg

refracman

Looks like its comeing along Nick :thumbs:

kpinnc

Looks great Nick! :thumbs:

Kevin

TT

There's only one word that I can think of that will sum it up....

:thumbs:

Looking great, Nick. :thumbs:

T-Mo

Real nice, Nick. It's coming along nicely. :thumbs:

Stigian

A mechanical masterpiece in the making, nice work Nick :thumbs: :thumbs:

Greg B.

This is getting good....We're going through update withdrawl..... :thumbs:

Greg B.

C-Series14

Nick, looks good. You got more time than I do evidently! I can't find time to restore one. Have not tore one apart in YEARS!!! :thumbs: Just keep putting gas in them and mow, plow, haul, pull, push, mow some more, etc....Heck, after working all day, I got barely enough energy to drink a Mt. Dew!!!! :thumbs:

Nick

Well the hitch might not be perfect but at least now I know its going to lift something. If 120 psi can just lift the tiller then 1,000+ psi should lift anything the Ranger can handle. :thumbs: I didnt like the level adjusters and replaced them tonight. So one step forward one step back.

Nick in Ohio

Put on the fender for a picture.

newliftadjust001.jpg

kpinnc

Looks really impressive Nick. I would say you'll have the most highly modified, most unusual Ranger, and there won't be another like it, but you already had it to begin with! :thumbs:

Now you've set the bar even higher! The hitch looks great!

Kevin

Greg B.

That thing is looking good, Nick. Don't look at it as a step backward. Consider it as an "in production enhancement....." :thumbs:

Greg B.

Kelly

Very nice, I'd like to do one on a tractor but I have to many unfinnished projects as it is. Again looks very nice