Sign in to follow this  
refracman

mystery tractor

refracman

Found this little tractor down by Mansfield Ohio, ya i was out a rustlein down south. :thumbs:

It doesnt run as of yet, after i got it home cleaned the fuel tank and sedament bowl out and fuel bowl on the carb, gasket on the carb is bad so gettin runin has to wait but it does has spark and i got to cough once so theres hope.

Any how heres some pics and i would be gratefull if someone can identify it. O ya theres no tags on the frame and the engine tag has only H55D-2113 then under that 9820486

013-1.jpg

012.jpg

010-1.jpg

014-2.jpg

015-1.jpg

nylyon

RJ-58 is my guess.

TT

That's a 1961 551 Suburban with the trans mount plate and the front axle both turned upside-down. :thumbs: (or more likely a 701/502/552/702 frame with the 551 stuff attached to it)

nylyon

:thumbs: wrong again :thumbs:

refracman

Thanks Terry, I was hopein it was a 550, but since the frames been worked over looks like its goin to be parted out, the tires are like new, and the most the stuff thats not been welded on is still in good shape. So to shelfs it goes, thats after I get the motor runnin

BPjunk

Not too sure of a exact model on this one BUT the previous owner did have a welder!

The 1961 Suburban 551 frame has been exstencivly modified by flipping the the transmission mounting plate. You can tell this is a Suburban 551 frame by the battery box frame still in it's original place. The 4220 front axle may just have been flipped over to gain crop clearence as was the rear mount for the transmission.

I bet that custom exhaust is a whole lot of fun in the summer time!!! :thumbs:

The drive belt guard is just plain HUGE! :thumbs:

Uh ya' know Steve ifn's ya' wanted another D series just buy one .... dont try adding water to this one hoping it will grow .... somebody already tried that!

Bill in Richmond, Va.

TT

Steve,

Get in touch with "Dual Wheels" (Norm) here at Redsquare if you want to sell the engine and or pieces of it. He's looking for some parts. :thumbs:

CHARGER9AUTO

Thanks Terry, I was hopein it was a 550, but since the frames been worked over looks like its goin to be parted out, the tires are like new, and the most the stuff thats not been welded on is still in good shape. So to shelfs it goes, thats after I get the motor runnin

Steve, I see in the fourth picture your Daughter is :thumbs: because you pick up another Wheel Horse for to to drive around the yard . :thumbs: Ben

refracman

Ben, she does like the little ones better, although she has yet to drive one. I do beleive she does like it when another coes home though!

011.jpg

Sparky

It makes this hobby even more fun if yer kids are"into it" does'nt it Steve. Both my kids have tractors and ride em occasionally. My son is loosing some interest(has a quad now :thumbs: ) but when I asked him if he was going to the WH Show in Pa this year he said "Of course I am dad, why ya askin?".

I loved that answer!

Mike..........

whchris

man mike ya had me excited i thought there may be room in your truck for me to go this year but i guess not shame on you for leading me on like that