Sign in to follow this  
bustedglass

My B211-3 "Custom"

bustedglass

Curly, I just saw your post dated March 12th., regarding your new 211-A. Congrats on your find. I guess I am a Vert. man. While I am not a Wheel Horse collector (although I sure wish I was), I am a Wheel Horse "Lover". :D

As I said, I am not a collector (I just don't have the room, or capabilities), and I sure don't have the knowledge of you guys on here, all I have needed a tractor for for the last 38 years is to cut grass. So I decided to buy the best one on the market - WHEEL HORSE. My "tractor" that I now have is a B211-3, with a 11 HP Vert. Shaft Briggs motor, and a 37" side discharge deck, that I bought new in 1985.

I found this site a few months ago, and I sure am glad I did. :P I am semi disabled, and it is hard for me to get around, so I sure do enjoy looking at, and reading about all of the great Wheel Horses' on this site.

I am including a picture of my little "BIG" tractor that I own, and am very proud of. Over the years I have "customized" my little tractor, just cause I wanted to, and I like the way it looks.

I have added a High Back Seat, ATV Rear Tires, Chrome Full Cover Wheel Horse Hub Caps, Horse Head Hood Ornament, Steering Wheel Spinner, Custom Shift Lever, and Custom Exaust Stack (I piped the exaust to the opposite side of the motor, 'cause I liked the LOOK better). :thumbs: The paint is ORIGINAL.........

I have been cutting approx. 2 acres of grass, and hauling my 275 pounds around with this little "BEAST" and its 37" deck since new in '85 - without fail..... Always been cleaned after use, serviced as required, and shed kept. If there good ones, take care of em, and they will take care of you. I swapped out the original 3 speed transaxle last spring for a new 5 speed transaxle, just for more of a power range. ( I guess I have a 211-5 now :thumbs: ). No other mechanical work has ben done, or needed in 23 years. Long live the HORSE.

This is only my second Wheel Horse since 1970, with my first one being a little Lawn Ranger series with a 7 HP Vert. Shaft Tech. motor, and 32" deck. Wish I still had that little machine, but that is a whole 'nother story. Well I have got to stop ramblin on here. You guys have heard enough from me for now (if your still with me). Thanks for looking at my pride and joy. I hope you enjoyed as much as I have sharing it with you. Oh ya, did I mention that the paint is ORIGINAL ? Like I said, I USE this little machine, but I take care of it, and I think that it shows. They just don't make 'em like this anymore - do they.

Keep the post's, and pictures coming, I sure do ENJOY. Good Bye for now - Mike..

Attached Image

post-3-1205791959.jpg

kj4kicks

Hi Mike, That's a cool little machine you have there ! It's obvious that it has been well cared for. Keep up the good work!

Greg B.

That's a nice horse, Mike. I like your custom touches.

Thanks for sharing,

Greg B.

combatmp29r

Mike, that is a great looking Vertical Shaft. Your right about if you take care of them they will take care of you. I do 90% of my yard work with an original 1969 Commando V8, and the other 10% with an original 69 Charger V8. They do all I want them to and then some.

The custom goodies you put on look great and I'm sure serve you well. Always good to have another vert guy around :thumbs: :thumbs:

curly

Hey Mike is such a pleasure to have such an original little jewel to look at in the future for my use when I get around to restoring mine. This 1 was bought by accident you might say I was just looking thru a guys junk for something else and spied this little 211A sitting over by itself. No motor nor deck on it, asked the guy what he did have and he said a deck was around there but was a little rough but who cared I liked the little horse as it was, LOL Has same hood style as my 418-8 so they will match pretty good. Anyway bought the little jewel for a $50 bill and got $5oo in the 418. If you do not mind I am going to save a photo of yours in order to have something to go by when I star on mine.

Just put a request on here today for some help for a PTO pulley assembly for the 211 A

Thanks very much for the photo and info Mike and happy reading here from the group--They are all a great bunch of guys.

Curly in Kaintuckee